Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3 - I'll just leave this here

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:The Chinese people in Shanghai speak impeccable German for some reason. I find that immersion-breaking (hearing them speak Chinese to eachother, then German without accent to me). How is the English dub? Chinese accents? Real Chinese people like in DX?
Oh man, you'll have to get the English version. The Chinese speak authentic Chinese. When they speak in English their accents aren't cheesy, they sound like the lovely Chinese couple who run the fish and chip shop down the road from me.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Judging by the credits, they are indeed real chinese actors.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

About the surprise after the entire credits, it's the same VA that did Page's voice in the first, and it shows the same man that was in the intro of the game, leading us to believe that that was young Bob Page, but why is his voice different than in the beginning. That's one thing I can never get my head around, didn't the developers think of that?
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

VectorM wrote:
Dragon wrote:If one looks closely many cleaner workers are black and bums often too. But that's a problem with America not the game itself (it plays in America and America is still racist)
The moronic arrogance of post like these makes me sad. Yeah, I am sure the far more white Switzerland is completely none-racist in any way. Get your head out of your ass, already.
Pro-tip for you. I said "America" has this problem. I did not say "ONLY America" has this problem. For the records... America has problems with the black people living there (and ass-kissing Isreal)... Switzerland with (radical, others are no problem) Muslim immigrants.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

bobby 55 wrote:Oh man, you'll have to get the English version. The Chinese speak authentic Chinese. When they speak in English their accents aren't cheesy, they sound like the lovely Chinese couple who run the fish and chip shop down the road from me.
Yes, I now agree. The Detroit part wasn't so bad. Apart from a couple of typos in the script and the lack of diversity of the 'civilian' actors. The fact that the same VA's are doing the Chinese civilians is disturbing. I will send a complaint to EM, hopefully they will at least offer an English language pack as DLC or something.

Edit: sent my complaint, let's see what comes of it.
Last edited by EER on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Oh my god that must've taken them ages. I applaud. So much orange!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

shadowblade34 wrote:why is his voice different than in the beginning.[/spoiler]
What makes you say the voice is different? Sounded identical to me.
Jaedar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o
This is brilliant.
Holy shit that's well done :lol:

The DXHR music really is pretty fucking epic, isn't it? Not as memorable as DX1's techno-jazz fusion music, but pretty fucking epic.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah, the music is fantastic. It really suited with the sight of JC in action. I mean Brandon's stuff is great, but that pulsating rhythm really works for me too.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

Nice video. Laughed my ass off about the references.
Leader and Head Programmer: Epsylon, Drag[en]gine Game Engine (Alt-Page) and others
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Jonas wrote:
shadowblade34 wrote:why is his voice different than in the beginning.[/spoiler]
What makes you say the voice is different? Sounded identical to me.
Just checked, it's similar, nothing that can't be done by simply changing his voice a little, but it's not noticeable enough to know that it's Page simple from watching it without thinking about it.

Jaedar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o
This is brilliant.
And this, it was pure gold, yet I felt like it was highlighing some of the things I hated about DXHR.

EDIT: Two words in my post, 'gold' and 'highlighting', totally unintentional. :D
What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Hilarious! I love "Introduce your lethal takedown", it goes into Fatality mode, and mittenhands JC overhead-whacks him. And the dialog editing, fantastic. I can't remember how they'd put DLC together, unless JC and Tong said lots of acronyms.

Adam Denton looks good. Is every interactive object in the game surrounded with orange neon? I get that it's making fun of simplified puzzles ("PROTIP: Ladders allow you to go up and down").

There's a scannable image next to Icarus pigeon?

The music is more military-epic like UnrealTournament or StarWars, reminding me of a scene in Heidi. She learns to drink milk from a goat as the classical music builds to a tense crescendo. Baddadadum! DUN, DUN DUN DUN, Goat!
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

That shit is hilarious, and also totally what DXHR looks like, if JC would be the protagonist.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

justanotherfan wrote: Adam Denton looks good. Is every interactive object in the game surrounded with orange neon?
You have the option to turn the highlighting off. I left it on and it didn't bother me at all.
Dragon
Silhouette

Post by Dragon »

First thing I did has been to turn that crap off. I don't need someone to hold my hand searching for objects. Where's the fun if any small object shines like a football stadium flood light?