Deus Ex 3

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Deus Ex 3

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Deus Ex 3 has been renamed to "Deus Ex : Human Revolution". I'm really looking forward to this. Also, if you visit their website, (still at deusex3.com ) , you'll notice the age gate and a new video( if you've been there before ).
1. What are your thoughts? Are you excited about this new release?
2. What do you wish to be implemented in it?
3. Will you be buying it? If so, how much do you think it'll cost?
4. Do you think there will be a multiplayer mode?
5. What are the similarities in the 3 versions of Deus Ex?
6. Do you think Square Enix will make modifications (that were not in the original design) to Deus Ex 3? If you don't know what Square Enix is, SE bought Eidos.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex 3

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Boltersdriveer wrote:Deus Ex 3 has been renamed to "Deus Ex : Human Revolution". I'm really looking forward to this. Also, if you visit their website, (still at deusex3.com ) , you'll notice the age gate and a new video( if you've been there before ).
Fence sitting at this stage, I'm still a bit too concerned at this point in time to get excited, I think Invisible War really ruined my ability to get over the top expectations about a new Deus Ex game simply due to the fact that the original was just a damn good effort most modern developers would have trouble replicating in the time they have these days. As I've said, the game will no doubt be good and enjoyable- it just has the unfortunate burden of being a Deus Ex game to contend with.

It's going to have to try pretty hard, Invisible War despite disapointing was a surprisingly good game- the reason why people didn't like it is for the same reasons I have my doubts about DX3 because it will be compared to the first game. If it ends up being just as good or better than Deus Ex 1 then I'll be very surprised and will be extremely happy, but the chances of this happening are a bit blurry at this point, I must say I was a bit disapointed with the initial screenshots and with some of the things the developers have said. These things simply can't be ignored even if their trailer was very well made.

Myself, I'm hoping for a lot more freedom in the storyline, I hope that the game will allow us to pick sides right from the very start and I hope for a very complexly branching game.

I would also really love for the game to allow us to at will go back to particular locations, this was always something that really bugged me about the first 2 games, once you were in paris you'd kinda wish it were possible to go back to Liberty Island or Hong Kong- I feel that games like Mass Effect and Assasins Creed did this extremely well and it'd be very smart to allow this kind of thing this time around.

Definately will be buying this one, I suspect USD$50-$60 or AUD$90

No- and they already confirmed this
At this point in time all we can say is the name :D We've not seen any in-game footage at all. We need to see that footage to be 100% certain of their claims
6. Do you think Square Enix will make modifications (that were not in the original design) to Deus Ex 3? If you don't know what Square Enix is, SE bought Eidos.
Its been confirmed that Square Enix will only be in charge of rendering the high quality FMV cutscenes for the entire game, they do not have any say in the game design decisions and have more of a say in the artistic elements. If we're lucky that Nior feel the trailer had will eventually translate into the actual game itself- I would be rather pleased if it did.

Square will no doubt add a lot of great things to the game, and when I heard the news about this I got a bit happier about the game because Square are world renowned for producing the best FMV cutscenes in any game, the cutscenes in FF13 for example are simply stunning- its just as shame about the game itself :(

I think Squares addition to the project could in fact change its outcome. What could have been previously an awkwardly animated scene, could have now been transformed into a cinematic wonder. So I think that'll improve the game immensly. The only issue I have with Square's involvement is if Eidos relies too much on them and then the game has a bunch of cutscenes that actually interrupt the gameplay.. doing this would ensure that I end up hating the game. So I pray they haven't done this.

Overall, I'm still cautious- the final trailer will definately give me a better indication as to where I stand. So see you in a few months for E3! :D
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Boltersdriveer wrote:Deus Ex 3 has been renamed to "Deus Ex : Human Revolution". I'm really looking forward to this. Also, if you visit their website, (still at deusex3.com ) , you'll notice the age gate and a new video( if you've been there before ).
1. Not excited at all. It is going to be a great game in itself but an affront to DX, and definately won't be able to hold anyone's attention for more than a few runthroughs.
2. Too much to tell.
3. No.
4. No.
5. Nothing, it appears.
6. Yes, albeit small ones.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

1: Oh yeah.
2: Bring back the bot domination aug.
3: Absolutely. I guess somewhere between $50 and $70 US.
4: No.
5: Conspirators and or conspiracies.
6: No idea.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

2: Bring back the bot domination aug.
This was a Deus Ex 2 ability, Don't count on it.
In deus ex 1 it was the mech radar invisibility aug but didn't allow you to control them- so it wasn't really domination.

Plus Hacking could do this anyway. Hack terminal, set bot to friendly, watch them all die :twisted:
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Quoting my own. hehe.
1. I feel that although Deus Ex 2 was a fail game, Eidos should be given a chance to learn a lesson. Everybody makes mistakes. Although I'm not excited about it, I hope it will be a great release.
2. I feel that they should implement more cutscenes and add more ultra cool weapons. The game has far too little cutscenes, even those when you complete a mission and fly out with a helicopter, etc.
The weapons are a little boring too.
3. I will be buying it. I hope it won't be too much, so probably US$30 - US$ 75 for me :D .
4. I don't think so. I think Eidos realized they fail at making Multiplayer games.
5. Only the name. And the theme song being remixed. Dunno about DX3's theme song though.
6. I think so. Probably add a little detail behind our backs.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I like how Mr Cyberpunk wrote his in the style of the Orange Trailer.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Xesum wrote:I like how Mr Cyberpunk wrote his in the style of the Orange Trailer.
I wanted Orange..!
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I wanted Lemon-Lime tbh
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Allan
NSF

Post by Allan »

nerdenstein wrote:I wanted Lemon-Lime tbh
Which is why you got Apple.
Click, and watch with false amazement as this dragon grows up.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Lemon & Lime
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

Boltersdriveer wrote: 1. What are your thoughts? Are you excited about this new release?
To answer, here is Stephen "Stepto" Toulouse, Lead Program Manager of Microsoft's Xbox Live Policy Team (A.K.A., the Xbox Chief of Police):
Square Enix is publishing Deus Ex 3? NERDGASM
http://twitter.com/Stepto/status/10357549161
TNM CULTIC TEES: Vote Llama! Vote Goat! Buy both and be a turncoat!
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

(0_o) Did you push the right button
(0_0) Yes I Did! Its the maintenance man.. He knows I like ORANGE!
Angel-A
UNATCO

Post by Angel-A »

Damn you, mantinance man, I'm tired of your mind games! :evil: