Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

SlySpy
UNATCO

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Post by SlySpy »

http://screwattack.com/videos/Behind-Cl ... lution-pt1

The game doesn't look too bad so far. Better than I expected in fact. The cover system is pretty much exactly like Rainbow Six Vegas, which I believe is better than most cover systems out there. The third person takedowns are a bit jarring and lengthy to say the least. I wish the takedowns were more like the Riddick games, or, at least a bit faster than they are in the demonstration. Speaking of Riddick, the way you drag bodies around is exactly like in the Riddick games, so you aren't actually holding a body over the shoulder this time around.

Other than the takedowns, that godawful plane in the beginning, and Barrett's cheesey ass dialogue, the rest of the demonstration seems pretty solid.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leaked Gameplay

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

all of my browsers (on a really crappy computer) keep crashing when ever I try to use their annoying player. I so hate the GT player.
Are there any other places for the leak or is this the only one?
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Ok turns out Eidos removed it- hence why I was having problems. (I got barely 2 seconds of footage before it crashed- really bad quality).

I sure hope someone tried to download it using a FLV downloaded.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

You'd think super spy types would have better equipment. The sound was bad and the Blackbeard impersonator had to have someone's noggin in the road of his spectacle camera lens (??) as well.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I didn't get to see it :(
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

I managed to find the mp4 files in my temp folder. If I choose to download these, it'll take about six hours, and I can't guarantee it'll work completely, but I'll give it a shot I guess.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

^ Please do.

I found some sort of preview from E3 here - http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/06/20/ ... deus-ex-3/
I hate the way the guy pronounces 'Day-oos Ex', but other than that the game sounds promising. I like how you can play the whole game without killing anyone too.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

You guys better be glad I managed to salvage both videos from my Temporary Internet Folder. Anyway, here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HT4MKB9

They're in an AVI format, so that you could play it in Windows Media Player or whatever you use.
AndrewOfHell
Thug

Post by AndrewOfHell »

You sir are an absolute god!

Thanks! :D
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I hate the way the guy pronounces 'Day-oos Ex', but other than that the game sounds promising. I like how you can play the whole game without killing anyone too.
Yeah Angry Joe does that a lot, he made fun of it in his E3 promo. "Its DEH-OUS EX You Idiot!" lol- EDIT: you might have been refering to spoony, whilst he's pronouncing it correctly, he's in some cases over pronouncing it. I tend to under pronounce the O when I talk about it, Dey-us-Ex its easier to pronounce it like that, but it probably isn't the correct way. Damn greek words.

I'm a big fan of spoony- definately check out the Hotel from Hell video, so funny.

Definately don't take these guys as authorities on video game reviewing however (especially not Joe- suffice to say, he's known to buy into hype very easily, even going as far as reviewing a game before it even comes out.. and then reviewing it again after he's played it. The most annoying he did was Red Dead which I called him out on, he said "it was perfect GO BUY IT NOW!" and I said "bullshit its perfect, its got fewer features than GTA, it has the same inherited multiplayer problems, and its very buggy." he also refered to Sandbox as being Genre exclusive which I then also corrected him on, its not, its a level design thing specifically allowing for freeform gameplay- suffice to say he's not very design minded.. more PR minded.. which is a problem as spoony is very design orientated- often calling out particular gameplay mechanics that make him go "WTF?!" and I've noticed he's rarely ever a fan of things.. and if he is, it usually disapoints him later on (much like myself). The result is Joe and spoony are going to fight a lot about things, I mean Spoony completely hated New Vegas, and I support his reasons.. So what?! its a fallout 3 map pack.. the game came out 2 years ago.. I played it.. meh.. how is this any different? ITS NOT VERY!. )

I'll be interested to watch the Civ5 and Xcom ones. Civ5 is easily going to be my fav game of this year.. SOOo much win.

I frequently watch both their shows, very fun to watch, spoony moreso though, and that entire network is very fun to watch in fact. Doug Walkers stuff is pretty epic.

ALSO:

SlySpy THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!! Good work. Downloading now.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Just finished Part1:

Good:
-Third Person camera during some cutscenes, very similar to Deus Ex 1 and Invisible War
-Being Able to enter keycodes
-Voice Acting is pretty good
-The Ratz Character in Shanghai, I appreciate the nods to Neuromancer and also the First game (the bartender in new york was augmented too).

The Bad:
-Third Person camera when barely touching a wall, also jensen is exposed for a few seconds whilst the BS animation plays.. lame! (this is also a problem that Vegas 2 has and yes it will likely get you killed.)
-Ragdoll Physics.. They're as bad as Invisible Wars.
-the first AI's reaction looks so crap. On par with Postal 2's. hell the reactions in Red Dead were more realistic.. and those weren't that good anyway (very predictable).
Last edited by Mr_Cyberpunk on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Part2:
The good:
-Hacking is the same as Deus Ex 1
-Strength Augmentation and holding objects is the same as Deus Ex 1
-Scoped weapons are in First person- Looks like I'm going sniper for this one ;)

The bad:
-Take downs.. these belong in Assasins Creed.. NOT DEUS EX and to be honest they all look really boring. I even hated them in Assasins Creed to be honest, especially in the 2nd game because it interrupted the gameplay too much.
-Third person for climbing
-The player seems to have a cloak ability too early in the game- I hope this isn't standard.
-Ragdoll again.. ugh.. it just looks terrible. 1st instance was the guy in the chair that looked like he was having an orgasm, 2nd instance was the dude getting shot with the crossbow looked almost like he was levitating in the air with his arms flailing around.
-Boss Fights look on par with the crappy boss battles of MGS4 and Mass effect 2 and frankly don't look very interesting aside from HIT HERE to kill it.
-Inventory looks like its ripped right from Assasins Creed 2- and to be honest I rarely ever used that inventory system. I doubt it'll be good for the PC version- dare I say but this is probably the one time you wish they had a quickbar because again it seems to interrupt the gameplay.
-Slow Mo... Seriously... so lame.. why!?! and where's the "Oh Shit! A BOMB!" reference.. missed opportunity for LOLs.
-Barretts in-game model looks completely different to the FMV model.
-This mission seems to be really lacking on dialogue and story
-The game looks too easy.
-crouch animation looks on par with Alpha Protocols weird walking.
-No peeking around corners in First Person.. wreeks of Console.

Overall not very impressed with what they've done here- especially given their "AAA" braging they did. The game doesn't look much better than half the games on the market already and it seems to be a FrakenGame mix between Deus Ex and so many other mainstream titles on the market atm that it almost feels like they started making a good Deus Ex game.. and then half way figured "fuck it.. this won't make money.." and loaded it up full of modern design cliches. The result is that the game looks like I'm going to be loosing a lot of control a lot of the time.

I pray they're not stupid to rule out mods, the game definately has potential and the community definately could help the game out by incorporating more Deus ex 1 mechanics into it. Also its very funny that despite their claims "we won't make the same mistakes invisible war made" they've actually have in some cases- especially with the inventory system (it looks VERY console). The Minimalist UI is questionable, I'm wondering how it'll feel to control.
SlySpy
UNATCO

Post by SlySpy »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: -The player seems to have a cloak ability too early in the game- I hope this isn't standard.
It really hasn't been specified when in the game this takes place. Since the beginning of the game is pretty much confirmed to be Detroit, and the demo is in Shanghai, It's probably at least a couple of hours into it.

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:-Inventory looks like its ripped right from Assasins Creed 2- and to be honest I rarely ever used that inventory system. I doubt it'll be good for the PC version- dare I say but this is probably the one time you wish they had a quickbar because again it seems to interrupt the gameplay.
That's probably the console versions toolbelt. I've heard that the inventory system is pretty much like Deus Ex and Resident Evil 4's when you're in the menu.
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I pray they're not stupid to rule out mods, the game definately has potential and the community definately could help the game out by incorporating more Deus ex 1 mechanics into it.
Also blue tint ;)
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: The Minimalist UI is questionable, I'm wondering how it'll feel to control.
The UI isn't finalized yet, so hopefully it'll look good in the final game.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

It really hasn't been specified when in the game this takes place. Since the beginning of the game is pretty much confirmed to be Detroit, and the demo is in Shanghai, It's probably at least a couple of hours into it.
cool.
That's probably the console versions toolbelt. I've heard that the inventory system is pretty much like Deus Ex and Resident Evil 4's when you're in the menu.
I hope so but then this is what we were originally saying about Invisible War's Inventory system and that didn't end very well. (reminder they threw out the PC UI during development).
Also blue tint
Assuming there's a colour correction option and I can play around with the lighting a bit, then yeah. And to be honest after seeing those videos it could definately use it.
The UI isn't finalized yet, so hopefully it'll look good in the final game.
I figured as such hence why I don't know what to make of it yet.

Thanks for sharing that, its a huge weight off my back knowing now what the game looks like and how it plays.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I found it was really weird that punching a hole in the wall didn't alert the guy standing 2 meters away... you'd think it would make a sound(then again, they probably ignored sound-stealth in favor of cover stealth). And firing while cloaked? What is this?

Also, I think they are bad with numbers, continually claiming several hundred ways of getting into places. Yeah.... right. Bullet time? gahd, combat in this game looks abysmal. At least he couldn't kill the mech using small arms, that's good. Also cutscene into (presumably) unavoidable boss fight.
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: -This mission seems to be really lacking on dialogue and story
Tbh, that's probably good, if the story is worth a damn, we wouldn't want to have the early mid of it spoiled would we?

The map looked quite open and large though, so it may still be better than IW.
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: Definately don't take these guys as authorities on video game reviewing however (especially not Joe- suffice to say, he's known to buy into hype very easily, even going as far as reviewing a game before it even comes out.. and then reviewing it again after he's played it. The most annoying he did was Red Dead which I called him out on, he said "it was perfect GO BUY IT NOW!" and I said "bullshit its perfect, its got fewer features than GTA, it has the same inherited multiplayer problems, and its very buggy." he also refered to Sandbox as being Genre exclusive which I then also corrected him on, its not, its a level design thing specifically allowing for freeform gameplay- suffice to say he's not very design minded.. more PR minded
Angry Joe stands for everything that is wrong with the games industry.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum