Fleshing out the maps

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Why Ask?
Thug

Fleshing out the maps

Post by Why Ask? »

Were there ever plans to try to expand on some of the levels in Deus Ex? I mean in a way that keeps the original design intact (so nothing like the revision mod). For example, allowing one to enter some of the various doors barred off in New York, Hong Kong and Paris? Or adding more secret areas into the game. Perhaps making some hidden locations more worth the effort? The last one I'm not entirely sure about. I think using resources only to find disappointing rewards adds an element of risk to the game. As long as you don't quick load out of your decision... a lame way to play the game.
fantsu
UNATCO

Re: Fleshing out the maps

Post by fantsu »

That sounds great, but doubtfully will never happen.
I always hoped that the city areas would have been bigger, with more apartments and such, maybe few more sidequests.

On the otherhand the game rewards you so much already, that more rewards for completing these quests would make the game even easier..

I was always hoping for a mod that keeps the game as close as possible the same, but ammo would be more rare. Now it feels that every garbage can is full of ammo and weapons. That would help the player to finds alternative solutions of infiltration. How it workds now, is that you are pretty much full of ammo on every weapon, even you kill most of the enemies. That way the enemies doesn't feel that dangerous.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

justanotherfan wrote:Deus Ex Revision
Why Ask? wrote:I mean in a way that keeps the original design intact (so nothing like the revision mod).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Just a link