It's Dead.....

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Xerotrace
Mole Person

It's Dead.....

Post by Xerotrace »

http://www.quake2evolved.com/blurforum/ Unless this a joke it's kinda a blow to the Q2 community. That was my stomping ground. OD looked very promising as well. Team Blur ceased developing q2e a while ago anyway. EDIT: The main site looks fishy... A pic.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

What is it? It looks like HDTP, but for Q2?
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Actually it looks more like NV and DX:R, they've added high res textures and some cool lighting. The models still look the same though.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

"Quake II Evolved as many of our fans know, has ceased to be in its current form. Q2E is now a community run project led by its fans, not Team Blur. In other words, the guys at Blur are no longer behind the wheel ;)"
It's not dead. Just abandoned. >_>
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Quake II Evolved is a high end graphical update to id Softwares Quake 2. Using advanced effects such as Per Pixel Lighting and Shadowing, Fragment And Vertex Programs, High Resolution textures and models, and an advanced version of the Doom 3 Shader System
So it's like DX:R, HDTP and NV, but in one project and for Q2. Ambitious :D
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Dead, abandoned. Same thing really. The actual site creators and original modification developers don't update or work on it, so dead it may as well be.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Xerotrace
Mole Person

Post by Xerotrace »

The Forums are back. You guys might wanna check out Overdose. It can't add anything to NV/DXR/HDTP really but it's interesting. If any artists leave that they could join The NV/HDTP team. Lol