"Faction Battles" list

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

"Faction Battles" list

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

A faction battle is when you manage to get different factions of AI fighting against each other. I am making a list of the ones I have found in DX, list any that you can find beyond these if you can.

-If you lure the UNATCO soldiers or Paul to the NSF troopers in the first level, they can basically clear out the NSF for you.

-The UNATCO forces outside Castle Clinton will storm the castle if you lead them inside (they always win since Anna Navarra is invincible)

-There is a big battle in the streets outside the Ton Hotel. The NSF appears to always lose, since they are outnumbered and get flanked midway through the fight.

-Paul fights UNATCO (obviously)

-There is a street fight in the Canal tunnel in Hong Kong between the Triads, though it is short.

-In the MJ12 Lab in HK, letting out the Hobo or Greasels from their cages can result in a bloody war between the Special Security (MiBs and WiBs) and the regular Security (MJ12 Troopers).

-The last New York level is just awesome for this sort of thing. The Riot Cops, UNATCO, and MJ12 are ALL considered to be separate factions, meaning you can get any number of combinations fighting for or against each other. Furthermore, each dead Riot Cop spawns about 3 UNATCO troopers. I, personally, got UNATCO fighting MJ12 and the Riot Cops by abusing my regeneration aug and getting them to hit each other.

-The French Police can be goaded into fighting with MJ12 (though it takes a whole bunch of hard work and lots of attempts).

-The mil-bots at Vandenberg (obviously, again)
Paul1290
NSF

Re: "Faction Battles" list

Post by Paul1290 »

In the mole tunnel it's possible to cause the NSF to become hostile towards cats, and they will attempt to run after and shoot the cats in the tunnel.

Apparently it's very difficult for the them to hit a moving target as small as a cat, and it can take several of them firing at at the same time quite a while to kill just one. :lol:
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

>Wan Chai market: Chinese Police (incl. bot) vs. Luminous Path members (incl. Gordon Quick)

>UNATCO HQ: The eternal battle of the UNATCO troops vs. Walton Simons

8)
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

The first time you visit hells kitchen you can get Paul to fight UNATCO in the streets. I don't know how but I remember someone posting screen shots of this.