ENB vs. DirectX 10

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DaedalusIcarusHelios
Thug

Re: ENB vs. DirectX 10

Post by DaedalusIcarusHelios »

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the comparison between ENB with DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 10. I just installed DX with all the tweaks/graphics mods on my new gaming rig I built for DXHR. I prefer the look of ENB in my brief comparison on the dock at Liberty Island (aside from the warping of textures when the light aug is on). I haven't had time yet to actually start my play through.

It seems like the DirectX 10 renderer has some potential but I just didn't see any benefit for it over DirectX 9 + ENBseries. I played with the settings too, and found the lighting using the light aug in a dark corner sometimes went crazy with brightness/darkness (HDR I guess).
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Now that I've got my DX10 renderer set to how I want it, I prefer it over the DX9+ENB. ENB is great and all but it over does the bumpmapping and Bloom. Certain areas look great, others look aweful.

I had similar issues with the DX10 renderer before but now I've got them sorted.

Here's my DX10 renderer settings if you wanna compair.

Code: Select all

[D3D10Drv.D3D10RenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
Coronas=False
ShinySurfaces=True
HighDetailActors=True
VolumetricLighting=True
Precache=False
Antialiasing=4
Anisotropy=8
VSync=True
ParallaxOcclusionMapping=True
LODBias=0
BumpMapping=True
ClassicLighting=False
AlphaToCoverage=True
AutoFOV=True
FPSLimit=250
simulateMultipassTexturing=True
unlimitedViewDistance=True
DescFlags=0
Description=
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Haus
Mole Person

Post by Haus »

I got my ENB to work with NV as well, but there are no reflections. I notice you have some reflections in your photos. Is that because its using the DX10 renderer? I can only get DX9 to work as I have XP. So I guess the question is; can an XP user get a little love?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

You need to go into the .ini and find the line [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
These are the DX9 Renderer settings. Find the line under that that says: ShinySurfaces=False and change it too True.

I found it towards the bottom of my DX9 Settings.
Also note, if you're using Kentie's launcher, the .ini isn't in the Deus Ex System Folder but in your My Documents Folder.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Haus
Mole Person

Post by Haus »

NV and ENB work fine with eachother but not with Shifter. When I go to training I am exited from the game and it says it "needs to close, would you like to report this error blah blah". I am also using kenties launcher.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

DirectX 10 makes transparent stuff overly dark/opaque. I dunno if there's a setting which can fix that.

-edit- Rain's enb setting are a bit consumptive, but I like how he was able to dim the ultra brightness. How do I simply dim that level of brightness? I have come to realize that the settings set by 2027 are incredibly fast in comparison to anything i can accomplish.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ