UnrealEd masters, please help!

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Onemaster
NSF

UnrealEd masters, please help!

Post by Onemaster »

Hey. I'm quite a beginner with UnrealEd, and have started to practice with UnrealEd because I'm going to create a funny TNM mod in the future. But now I have this problem...
Okay. So I have created a conversation with ConEdit, Mission70.con, and it's in my ownpackage folder in the folder conversations. And yes, I did edit Deusex.ini with the info that I have an own package in deus ex core folder.
And I have also made the script file ImportConversations.uc file for the convo in the folder Classes in my package folder. I followed all the orders of this site http://www.offtopicproductions.com/tack ... tions.html to help me out to create a convo with text and audio.
I did "ucc make", and have the three .u files in my ...\deus_ex\system folder. Next I've gone to UnrealEd, edited the defaultdeusex.deusexlevelinfoproperties and put the correct info there - the name of my package and the mission number, 70.
The conversation is between JC and Paul.
So I added Paul to a map, saved the map and ran it and tried to talk to Paul - but I can't, he says nothing :/

I'm confused, because I think I have done everything right what that conversation tutorial tells me to, but I just can't hear the convos ingame. Could someone good with UnrealEd help me to get the conversations work in a map :D?
I wish there was something more I could say.
Morpheus
X-51

Re: UnrealEd masters, please help!

Post by Morpheus »

Did you put a DeusExLevelInfo in your map and did you set the mission number to 70 in its properties?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Onemaster
NSF

Post by Onemaster »

Morpheus wrote:Did you put a DeusExLevelInfo in your map and did you set the mission number to 70 in its properties?
Yea, I went to Info->Deusexlevelinfo->default deusex.deusexlevelinfo properties->deusexlevelinfo and set the conversationpack with my package name and the missionnumber to 70.

EDIT!!!

Wow, now when you said "did you put a deusexlevelinfo in your map" I got a thought...
In your map?
IN your MAP?? Wow!
Wow I realised, that I had to put it in the map just like I would an npc or any other thing.
Now when I added it there, I couldn't load the map, the game crashed.
Uh-huh! There's already a deusexlevelinfo in that map, gotta delete it!
And now I realised it :D! I was so stupid before... Thank you so much! What a great help :)

Um... Sorry, may I ask another thing?
The conversation did work well, but there was no audio in the lines of JC and Tong, although I did put them when I made the convo in ConEdit... This is odd.
Do I have to do the "conversation with audio" in some special way?
I have the three files in my system folder, including the audiomission file.
Onemaster
NSF

Post by Onemaster »

Oh now I got how to get the audio work in the convos! Gotta make it like ...\Audio\AlexJacobson\MeetAlex\...mp3

But I still need help with some things :D I'm such a beginner.

For example how to add TNM textures and other TNM item things to UnrealEd so I could use for example TNM maps, weapons, npcs etc when I'm making a map.