High-resolution AI images?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Ishindri
NSF

High-resolution AI images?

Post by Ishindri »

Are there any high-resolution images of the DX AIs' avatars floating around? I'm making a set of custom Kindle wallpapers (theme: homicidal AIs), and I'd love to have Daedalus, Icarus, and Helios in there too.
All is well. We are not like the others.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: High-resolution AI images?

Post by DaveW »

Except fan-art, no - I don't think there's been a need to make them at high resolution.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: High-resolution AI images?

Post by chris the cynic »

I meant to reply to this days ago.

It should be pointed out that since what you're trying to create isn't a high resolution mod or anything like that that it is actually pretty simple for you to get something high resolution based on what is already available. Something like inkscape can be used to convert bitmaps to vectors, which you can in turn scale as much as your heart desires free from any fear of pixilation before converting the thing back into a bitmap.

You can do that without expending much effort at all. For somewhat better results you can scale up a little using other means first (say double the resolution using gimp's sinc scaling algorithm before vectorizing in inkscape.)

It's not going to get you something that actually resembles a high resolution version of the image, but it can get you something that would resemble an artist's rendering of such an image. Especially if you modify it afterwards. Cranking an enhancement filter up to eleven can make something look unreal in an artistic way, and something like edge detect can give a very brush stroke like quality to an image.

I've certainly wasted a lot of time today playing around with one of the AI images, and liked several of the results I got.