Question about Shifter

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

paladin181
Thug

Question about Shifter

Post by paladin181 »

Is it normal to get just 1 ammo for every enemy I down in shifter? It seems like my ammo counter is only going up by 1 at a time, and I'm always running out now as opposed to being able to stockpile anything at all. Is this a function of Shifter or perhaps DX Enhanced (built on the Shifter 1.8.4 DeusEx.u)?

If no one knows, that's fine, I'll hunt down the creators or something similar. It's just easier to ask here where someone might know first before I go through the trouble.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Re: Question about Shifter

Post by PlausibleSarge »

I have finished the game with shifter and never had an issue, although I tend to use ammo extremely conservatively, so I wouldn't know
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I played Shifter 1.84 a little while ago and found enough ammo not to be desperately short of it. I don't think you find much when searching bodies just the same. I played on Normal which was challenging enough, so if you were playing at a more difficult level I can't say what the ammo drop is like.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I played with Shifter 1.8.4 on Realistic difficulty and can't say that I noticed actually. :-k
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

According to the shifter changelog for 1.8.4, ammo counts from corpses has been changed since 1.8.3. They now drop between 1 and <clipsize> ammo, rather than between 1 and 4 ammo, which means weapons with large clips you will find more ammo for. If you are using shifter 1.8.3, you should upgrade

download page is here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/shifter1
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Yeah, I've had quite a few playthroughs on Shifter and always had a over abundance of ammo..So I'm not sure about that.

I'll try it later man.
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

A little question:
Does shifter let's you fire the assault rifle and throw 20mm grenades without changing ammo?
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

miguel wrote:A little question:
Does shifter let's you fire the assault rifle and throw 20mm grenades without changing ammo?
nope, but it definitely should, especially because it doesnt support a scope (IIRC)