About the mod compatibility

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

swapoer
Mole Person

About the mod compatibility

Post by swapoer »

I try to install these mod:

1- Game of the year edition
2- Kenties Deus Ex Launcher-v3 + Kentie DX10 + Chris OpenGL
3- NewVisionV1
4- HDTP-Release1
5- Shifter_v1.8.4
6- deus ex enhanced

But i can only reach step 3,step 4,5 and 6 can't give me start the game.
Do anyone has some idea to help?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: About the mod compatibility

Post by nerdenstein »

Which renderer are you using? DirectX10 or OpenGL? If you're using DX10, make sure you've updated DirectX and Visual runtimes and whatnot: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

Oh, and if you're still using Windows XP, forget about using the DX10 renderer and just use the OpenGL one.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
swapoer
Mole Person

Post by swapoer »

Finally,i find it out!
The HDTP,Shifter,and enhanced ask for the v1112fm patch and the Game of the year edition came with a v1112f patch.The difference is in the "M" AT
THE END OF THE PATCH TITLE Which means MULTIPLAYER patch!
But,still i can run the game but i can't get the enhance mod to run properly with the HDTP (Take me a lot of time to find out the conflict).The UI just became very weird.

----------------------edit------------------------
After a few times of tried i figure it out!Roll!
paladin181
Thug

Post by paladin181 »

swapoer wrote:Finally,i find it out!
The HDTP,Shifter,and enhanced ask for the v1112fm patch and the Game of the year edition came with a v1112f patch.The difference is in the "M" AT
THE END OF THE PATCH TITLE Which means MULTIPLAYER patch!
But,still i can run the game but i can't get the enhance mod to run properly with the HDTP (Take me a lot of time to find out the conflict).The UI just became very weird.

----------------------edit------------------------
After a few times of tried i figure it out!Roll!
You need the fm patch. That includes a few extra single player fixes as well.
swapoer
Mole Person

Post by swapoer »

There is still one problem bugging me.
After i hacked a computer there is too less time left for me to finish the reading of email.Even i master the computer skill,the time will still be no enough.

Anyone have a good solution for this?I really miss that in DE3 you will record all the email and read it later.
paladin181
Thug

Post by paladin181 »

I just find the passwords. They're online, and in the end, there is no benefit from hacking (or real risk). However That's up to your discretion. I always search extensively for passwords in game before I resort to a "cheat" password. However, you could try to SS the emails, or just keep hacking and picking up reading where you left off.
swapoer
Mole Person

Post by swapoer »

What do you mean by SS the emails?
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

I am either doing something wrong, or this is how its supposed to be, but when I play Deus Ex Enhanced, all the menu's and such go back to being "normal size" (ie really really big) and as a result it looks horrible. Is there a way to get the other benefits of this mod (like bigger scopes, better fonts etc) without having to have a MASSIVE hud that fills up half the screen?
paladin181
Thug

Post by paladin181 »

PlausibleSarge wrote:I am either doing something wrong, or this is how its supposed to be, but when I play Deus Ex Enhanced, all the menu's and such go back to being "normal size" (ie really really big) and as a result it looks horrible. Is there a way to get the other benefits of this mod (like bigger scopes, better fonts etc) without having to have a MASSIVE hud that fills up half the screen?
On ModDB, Download the earlier version of the mod. It ony affects scopes etc.