OTP UI Scaling Fix

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ggrotz
X-51

OTP UI Scaling Fix

Post by ggrotz »

Does anyone have any technical information about this? I noticed in playing around with resolution that I had the UI in DX much bigger than the resolution. If I run a lower resolution (windowed or not) would I want to shut this off? At what point would I do that?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: OTP UI Scaling Fix

Post by Jonas »

If you have a smallish monitor with a big resolution, the GUI might get pretty hard to read. Say... 22" or similar with 1920x1080 res, that would make it really small. Unfortunately with the original DX UI, you can't be sure you'll get a larger one, it has 3 scaling it cycles between IIRC.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Re: OTP UI Scaling Fix

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:If you have a smallish monitor with a big resolution, the GUI might get pretty hard to read. Say... 22" or similar with 1920x1080 res, that would make it really small. Unfortunately with the original DX UI, you can't be sure you'll get a larger one, it has 3 scaling it cycles between IIRC.
Actually, I was testing resolution settings on this loader I've been working with. I tried 320x240 with the OTP UI fix and got the UI too big for the screen. So I was just wondering if I needed to make sure I didn't load that at all if the resolution was below a certain point.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out what the minimum resolution is.