activating various augs with the same key

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

miguel
UNATCO

activating various augs with the same key

Post by miguel »

I know that there is an option to activate all and turn them off. The problem is that I always grab the spy drone and some other augs are just wasting my energy during combat.
Is it posible to use one key to acativate more augs, and how do I assign them to a key?

It happens to me very ofthen that someone founds me and when I try to turn my speed and ballistic shield aug to run or hide like a noob, next thing I hear is YAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!
Just want to turn the augs that will help me in combat not light, regen, drone or swim.

I have no problem with original DX because I know where the bad guys are but with mods like 2027 and TNM, I die every 5 minutes.
I suck at using the keyboard and finding the respective keys. Activating specific augmentations with one key, will make combat more ejoyable for me.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: activating various augs with the same key

Post by DDL »

I believe you can do it via user.ini editing (which is admittedly a fairly horrendous roundabout way to do it), separating commands with pipes: |

So wander through userini, find the fkeys for reference, then a key that isn't being used for anything else, and bind the requisite fkey commands to it: so

YOURKEY=command1 | command2 | command3 | etc..

EDIT: found a copy of a userini somewhere! So better example

Home=ActivateAugmentation 2 | ActivateAugmentation 3 | ActivateAugmentation 6

or something.
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

Now I'm going to start a new game and see what is the best aug combinations I can use.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

This probably isn't the best solution, but bear in mind you can also (de)activate augs on the augmentations screen itself, while the game is paused.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

You can do anything within the menus (F1), like apply health packs, batteries, turn on and off augs, and so on. That's what I tend to do if I need time to do things when I get in trouble in a DX game.
miguel
UNATCO

Post by miguel »

It's just my playing style. Something I hated about Fallout3 was activating the pip boy for simple thing like changing a weapon or using a med pack. It breaks the action.
I also liked the augment system in crysis. It was very responsive and easy to use.
paladin181
Thug

Post by paladin181 »

miguel wrote:It's just my playing style. Something I hated about Fallout3 was activating the pip boy for simple thing like changing a weapon or using a med pack. It breaks the action.
I also liked the augment system in crysis. It was very responsive and easy to use.
You can set items in Fallout 3 to numeric hotkeys as well. I almost never opened the Pip Boy to change weapons or heal up, unless i needed to target a specific spot for healing. I always thought the Fallout 3/Oblivion game engine would have been pretty bad ass for a DX game.
DDL

Post by DDL »

It's worth noting that fallout3 does not tell you this, ever (not even in the manual that comes with the physical copy), so like miguel I found that incredibly annoying until the fateful day I held down a number key and a weird box popped up...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You can do WHAT?!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

DDL wrote:It's worth noting that fallout3 does not tell you this, ever (not even in the manual that comes with the physical copy), so like miguel I found that incredibly annoying until the fateful day I held down a number key and a weird box popped up...
I played it 3 times without realizing that. Fallout: New Vegas clues you in though.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

oh nononononono how did I NOT KNOW THIS!
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I figured that out pretty quickly but I agree its unforgivable that they dont mention it
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

That is almost as difficult as finding the hotkey buttons in Skyrim

Edit: Oops, slight necro