Mod Compatability

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

akmatov
Thug

Mod Compatability

Post by akmatov »

Very new here and very confused about which mods are compatible with which other mods in what order to install them. Mods that I have seen, mostly here, include New Vision, HDTP, Shifter, TNM and Human Renovation.

Could someone please advise?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Mod Compatability

Post by bobby 55 »

New Vision and HDTP are compatible with Shifter and Human Renovation. New Vision is compatible with all mods. Shifter's latest version is compatible with TNM, although Yuki warns there might still be a bug or two. I'm not sure if Shifter and Human Renovation are compatible, or if TNM and Human Renovation are either (in the latter case I'd say probably not). TNM is being worked on by the team to make it HDTP ready when it's released.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
akmatov
Thug

Post by akmatov »

Thank you so much for helping clear some of the fog and mist! :D
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

As Bobby so correctly said; New Vision is indeed compatible with everything apart from Multiplayer, which causes mismatch errors.

For game play mods; Shifter, Human Renovation, Biomod and Patchv2.0 are not compatible as they all overwrite the same files. You kinda have to pick one and stick with it.
Also, HDTP isn't compatible with the current version of Patchv2.0 as it also has it's own deusex.u file.

Shifter, Human Renovation and BioMod have been made to work with HDTP using a coding method by Yuki (the Shifter dev).

New Vision, HDTP and Shifter do all work with Total Conversions such as TNM, ZODIAC and Redsun. I don't think Human Renovation and BioMod does work.

For convenience, I would use the new Deus Ex launcher: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/index.htm

This is what mine looks like.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I couldn't remember where you posted that before, to give akmatov an example of the load order. :)

I'll follow that myself when I can get gaming again.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

The launcher is so bloody useful! :P
You don't even have to add any lines to any .ini.
I just stuck all the Shifter files (for example) into a folder in the /DeusEx/ and the launcher found it instantly.

Bare in mind that if you're using Shifter with HDTP, the Shifter line needs to be moved higher than the HDTP\System line so that it uses the Shifter DeusEx.u rather than HDTP's version of it.

If people are annoyed by the launcher popping up every time, or saving into My Documents rather than simply into /DeusEx/System, there are command lines you can add to a shortcut that allows you to get around that.
akmatov
Thug

Post by akmatov »

Ah ha!

I've been trying to get Kentie's Launcher working on my Steam install, without getting it right. Last night I got a non-Steam install working with ggrotz's DX Loader - I was able to see right off that I had not install correctly as the graphics were suddenly much improved. As I understand it Kentie's Launcher also include a number of bug fixes, so getting that right is my next project. Often times the install instructions seem to assume that I know things I don't, so some unnecessary experimentation seems the order of the day, but the results are totally worth it. For example, the screen shot of the data directories is the first time I realized what it could be used for :). Usually the person writing the instructions clearly knows exactly what they mean, but they fail to convey to me which file that came from where goes where when. :?

The breakdown of what works with what is invaluable and will save a lot of frustration.

Thanks guys
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

No worries. I hope you get it working. :smile:

The Steam version should work with the launcher no problem. The four files you get with Kentie's launcher need to be placed into the system folder, overwriting everything.
There shouldn't be any differences with the Steam and Retail versions but let us know how it goes. :P