Gamesurge connection problems?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

PKodon
Thug

Gamesurge connection problems?

Post by PKodon »

Is GameSurge offline? I've tried connecting with KVIrc, as I normally do, and I've been unable to connect for months.

StarChat also seems to be down (where the channel for DXEditing is).

PK
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
G-Flex
Silhouette

Re: Gamesurge connection problems?

Post by G-Flex »

I can connect to irc.starchat.net just fine on port 7000 and irc.gamesurge.net on port 6667.

Whatever the problem is, it's likely on your end; can you connect okay using mibbit?
PKodon
Thug

Re: Gamesurge connection problems?

Post by PKodon »

Okay, I'm really getting tired of this.

I'm thinking now, because of other recent connection problems, that Verizon is somehow blocking my connection to those (and other) servers/networks.

Guess it's a good thing I'm looking into other options.

The other day, I tried to download an 89MB file of source code for a game that I mod, and twice Verizon cut my connection in the middle of the download.

(Right now my internet is through internal 3G hardware in a netbook I bought from them.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I may check on the port settings, but I think they're okay. I don't know what mibbit is, but I'll look it up.

Later.
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM