DX1 Nostalgia

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: DX1 Nostalgia

Post by nerdenstein »

ZeroPresence wrote:
Morpheus wrote:I think when I first got Deus Ex it got me interested in conspiracies...UFO coverups, Illuminati and so on.
Man, I remember EVERY mod you mentioned vividly. I have them installed on my laptop and bust them out every now and then. Fun fact, I remade the first level of BreakIn where JC Denton is a lawyer that prosecuted some asshole mob leader and because of this sends his goons to kill your son "Billy." The things that happen when you have no internet available...

But this, yeah same here. Deus Ex is when I really started considering more options than just what I was given in ideas like that.
BreakIn was a fun mod. All the characters having different roles and such. The mapping wasn't great so I would be interested to see what you did with it Zero if you still had the map lying around... :giggle:
I don't remember the President Assassination one though. There was one called Presidential Emergency where you had to rescue the presidents daughter however. That was a pretty fun mod.
Others like Counterfeit, Rescue (both of them*), Tech Force, Omega, Double Cross, Hints of Corruption...
It's a shame that Breakin, Counterfeit, Tech Force, Double Cross and Disclosure (among others) were never finished though.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Man, I remember EVERY mod you mentioned vividly. I have them installed on my laptop and bust them out every now and then. Fun fact, I remade the first level of BreakIn where JC Denton is a lawyer that prosecuted some asshole mob leader and because of this sends his goons to kill your son "Billy." The things that happen when you have no internet available...
Interesting, yeah with no internet, strange things can occur without ideas and help from the net...I remember trying to make a mod way back after I just got the SDK (when I wasn't allowed on-line much) which was based on the NYC Brooklyn Shipyard BUT with the super freighter sinking, having the ship sinking in the distance on the skyline but no idea what I was thinking or why I ever came up with that. Come to think on it, on mods, I also got the Co-op mod on a pc gaming magazine CD as well, and there was a few pages in the mag about the mod.

I don't remember playing BreakIn though.
I don't remember the President Assassination one though. There was one called Presidential Emergency where you had to rescue the presidents daughter however. That was a pretty fun mod.
I still have that somewhere, but it defiantly isn't that one. I have the U files from the mod I mentioned but not the 2 maps or the text file that came with it anymore unfortunately, or I would have been able to play it again. If I knew which old gaming magazines had Deus Ex related stuff on their free CDs, may help narrow it down.

I have most of the old mods from the well known HotelCarone, Zodiac, 2027, Co-op, Rydberg Field and TNM to all the small ones as I always backed up my Deus Ex folder now and then as it got filled up with mods, addons, SDKs and stuff I was working on. I do remember one other mod but no clue about what it was, all I remember it used something, a zone portal maybe...

Basically there was a room created in the map that you couldn't access, away from the main part of the map (a cube) and had 2 NPCs in it (I think there was 2) and one may have been Bob Page, but unsure. In the map there was an area with a TV in it where you were, and the room with the NPCs in it was what was on the TV (I think the zone portal was used to connect the room to the inside of the TV brush but not quite sure if that is the way its done) but it was scaled down to the TV size so it looked as if you were watching it. I think the conversation was about someone was going to kill the president and you had to save him but unsure if it was that or you were told to kill him...it wasn't the presidential emergency mod, I know that for sure but what it was, never did find out.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

speaking of Coop, I tried to make a cooperative game for DX. It was actually a cargoyard called "Infiltration" where you had to sneak into an MJ12 base after solving some puzzles through computer access. Next, I had a map called "Execution" where it was a little more combat based (but this is DX so you COULD sneak if you wanted to but you have the opportunity to arm better here) where you complete a few objectives, then "Exfiltration" where you escape the base.

I had the maps completed, 100%, up to the second map. They're actually rather large and impressive but I was stopped by the fact that multiplayer and coop were so unstable so I made them into singleplayer, but was stopped by the necessary of flag editing and the like which I am completely lost on.

Yeah, when I'm at work I'll grab the BreakIn file off my laptop and bring it home on a flash drive.