Free kitchen sink designs from Nigeria

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: GMDX Mode- V1 Release

Post by DDL »

Well, you can escape without killing Navarre already, and some of gunther's "OMG YOU KILLED ANNA" dialogue adapts to reflect that you didn't kill her.

Also, you've never had to kill gunther. Or simons, come to that. Anna is the only tricky one, since she absolutely cannot be knocked out, and it's very difficult to escape unatco HQ without killing her.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Well Anna is the only mandatory kill you have to make in the game. Biomod introduced the stealing future, so you can just go behind her silently and steal her key and escape.

Also if you don't kill Anna, maybe you could make that "gentlemens agreement" with Gunther!

Maybe we could add a dialogue like "I know your UNATCO kill phrase. Give me the key and you won't have to die."
YK: And you... you... are a bad actress.
(unknown sound)
MC: And you have one less finger...
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDL wrote:Well, you can escape without killing Navarre already, and some of gunther's "OMG YOU KILLED ANNA" dialogue adapts to reflect that you didn't kill her.
Isn't the only way to escape without killing her vanilla using a gas grenade to scare her to open the door? A glitch almost?
It's funny how they wrote, recorded & coded more lines of dialogue for gunther even though there is no proper way to not kill Anna. Maybe they did intend to have another way at first, or simply foresaw her opening the door...
Also, you've never had to kill gunther. Or simons, come to that. Anna is the only tricky one, since she absolutely cannot be knocked out, and it's very difficult to escape unatco HQ without killing her.
Yeah I know. It's why I only addressed the Anna scenario in my previous post.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Just to clarify, when i said "Maybe we could add a dialogue like "I know your UNATCO kill phrase. Give me the key and you won't have to die." " i meant about Anna.
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDX Mode- V2 Release

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Note this release does not yet have the optional Iron Sights mechanic or the optional save system, those are in development and will be included in v3.

v2 Download Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3E7AZa ... sp=sharing
V2 Changelog:

AUGMENTATIONS:

-Regeneration Aug effectiveness significantly reduced.
-Energy Shield is now Passive/Always Active, does not drain energy.
-Spy Drone energy drain rate further reduced.

SKILL SYSTEM:

There are many additions/alterations to the skill system, some within the maps themselves (More environmental hazards for example). Note all the additions below are, well, additions. They do not replace the vanilla features of the skill system. The V1 changes to the skill system are also mentioned here (all the costs are different though)

-Swimming skill is a requirement to swim in some areas, as there are no rebreathers to be found. You also cannot just swim with regeneneration augmentation activated either as drowning damage has been increased, and the regen aug is far less effective.
Taking swimming routes is also far more rewarding in some cases. (To sneak past tough enemies, plus some better pickups in some spots).
Karkians are more common in water but upgrading swimming to master will allow you to swim rings around them hacking away with even a combat knife for example, as master skill allows you to swim even faster than vanilla.
There is still the aqualung augmentation, but it is not as effective as swimming skill, and requires augmentation upgrades.

-Taking Environmental training each skill upgrade allows you to stack Hazmats, Ballistic Armour, Thermoptic Camos and Tech Goggles in the inventory, +1 stack to each item type each upgrade.
There are more hazards and tougher enemies in the maps so Environmental Training will greatly help if you choose the skill.

-Medicine skill gives you a small max health increase to head and torso each upgrade, but is very expensive.

-Computer has a high initial cost (Trained) but then descending costs afterwards.
added a new feature that adds a chance of being detected whilst hacking, higher skill less chance to be detected (Credit: eshkrw, but with GMDX changes).
Along with descending costs this further encourages veterans to take computer skill past Trained.

-Heavy weapons skill is cheaper as there is less ammo to be found in the mod.
There are also hardly any LAWs to be found. Probably about 2-3 in the whole game.
Flamethrower/fire damage has no effect on MIB Mk2 & Grays.
Gep gun deals less damage and has more recoil.
On a positive note, heavy weapons inventory size is now 6 instead of 8.

-Low-tech skill is needed for melee combat VS tough enemies, rather than just using the Dragons Tooth sword which made Melee skills/augs completely useless. Dragons Tooth Sword now deals far less damage.
Throwing Knifes are far better and more common, low-tech skill is useful for those too.
Riotprod needs the damage boost for the tougher enemies late in the game also.
Skill point requirement costs reduced by about 20%

-Demolitions Skill increases the amount of grenades you can carry, untrained-trained-advanced-master 3-5-7-9 respectively. Detonation timer untrained-trained-advanced-master 0.5, 1, 2, 4 respectively. Costs 1000, 2000, 3000.

-Pistol & Rifle Skill Remain untouched, although the guns have alterations themselves.

-Tech and Lockpicking have slightly lowered cost requirements, less tools/pick are to be found in the maps, and lowered percentage boosts gained from the skill (10% 15% 25% 50%).

WEAPONS

-Smuggler's Custom Glock has many alterations to V1.
-Silenced Glock Inventoryname="Silenced Glock".
-Semi Auto now named CustomSniperRifle. Many stat alterations. Has custom skin.
-Gep Gun Further increased recoil and less damage.
-Dragons tooth Sword increased damage over V1.
-Mini Crossbow Damage increased.
-Increased the amount of Throwing knifes the player can carry by 5.
-Plasma Rifle ammo pickup ammount is now 8 instead of 12, as more enemies carry Plasma rifles.
-Sword now does double damage.
-Noise Level increase for most weapons (unsilenced weapons will alert enemies)
-Increased assualt gun damage, lowered recoil
-Baton Damage=10 (+3)
-Riot Prod clip size=2, but can have clip and reload mods
-Heavy weapons inventory size= 6 slots
-Buckshot ammo pickup count=8 instead of 12.

AI

-Further increased vision for NPCs
-SecurityBot3 (the one with wheels/treads) Moves much faster, but has slightly less health.
-Grays and Mibs cannot be set alight.
-Dogs slightly more dangerous.
-Much, much more in the maps.

BUGS

Vanilla:

-Fixed inventory "stacking behind" glitch (Credit: Yuki of Shifter)
-Fixed the Vandenburg infinite Skill points Glitch (Credit: Yuki of Shifter)
-Fixed the Gary savage infinite Skill points Glitch.
-Fixed new game pistol skill downgrade skill points Glitch. (Credit: Yuki of Shifter)

GMDXv1:

-Fixed a minor BSP related issue on the Gas Station map.
-Fixed a Minor BSP related issue on the Airfield Helibase map.
-Fixed regular crashing when transitioning from the HongKong_HeliBase map to the WanChai_Market map.
-Restored the health of a couple MJ12 Commandos back to default.
-Fixed super speed of a NSF on liberty insland back to default (was an oversight).
-MJ12 Elite now spawn appropriate carcasses.
-Female NSF now make the appropriate sound when knocked out.
-Fixed an error with the combat music on the Hong Kong Storage map.

MISCELLANEOUS:

-drag n drop inventory system a la System Shock. Highlight and drag any item from your inventory to the side/out of your inventory then release to drop the item. (Credit: eshkrw)
-Drowning damage increased, and whilst drowning vision is blurry.

MAPS

There are many changes in the maps, but they are not detailed for spoiler reasons. Ok, just one as an example:
At the 'Ton hotel ambush Paul now cowers instead of fights. Why? Well, he said he is in pain and cannot even climb out the damn window, so how can he run about whilst absorbing a hail of bullets?
Also this gives more challenge to the player as you have to fight them all ALONE. Your reward is obviously saving paul, and a couple of the UNATCO troops have extra goodies. Your choice, as usual.
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Right, lets revise these choice and consequence examples:

Combat Strength VS Microfibral Muscle:

Combat Strength:
Nerfed Dragons Tooth Sword and tougher enemies means this Aug is a must if you plan to use melee weapons often. Remember it also effects the riot prod and throwing knifes too.

Microfibral Muscle: Many changes have been made to make this aug a worthy choice such as more paths requiring it, and remember you can throw TNT crates etc further with it too.

EMP VS Ballistic Protection:

EMP: Now is passive and reduces EMP damage better (immune at max level) and Spiderbots are far more dangerous than before.

Ballistic: Now can only be found late in the game and reduces damage by 10% each upgrade up to a maximum of 40%.

choice only given to you late in the game, EMP still found on Lebedev's 747. Will you want to trade in your handy emp shield by then, you may even have upgraded it too. Ballistic Protection is still extremely useful afterall and enemies start to get very tough by this point so now a very tough choice....

Dragons Tooth VS Sword:

DTS: Now only deals 30 damage, but has increased range. You cannot break any locked doors etc anymore with the DTS. Emits light.

Sword: Has 1 less inventory slot size than the DTS, 20 damage and can break locked doors in the exact same manner as vanilla DTS.

Sniper Rifle VS GEP gun (Pauls offering of weapons at the start)

Vanilla the choice was GEP gun, every time. now:

Sniper Rifle: The sniper rifle can no longer be found on the island, next rifle encounter is the warehouse district.

GEP Gun: Gep is useful for early bots and doors etc, but ammo is rarer than before.

Glock vs Smugs Custom Glock vs Silenced Glock

Glock: The default pistol. Vanilla stats except slightly better accuracy and more recoil.

SCG: Has magazine size of 10, fater rate of fire, double the recoil the default pistol has, poor accuracy.

Silenced Glock: Same as the default pistol except comes equipped with a silencer and has less acc. range & max range.

hmm, these choices seem in favour of the two custom glocks. May have to increase the damage of the default starting pistol by 1 point.

Skill System:

You'll feel the pressure of important choices and consequences when deciding what to choose :D

Regeneration aug vs Energy Shield

Regen aug: Now heals 5-10-15-20 each upgrade level, and heals that specific value every TWO seconds now. Before it was one second. However energy drain is now 80% less drain rate.

Energy Shield: Is now Passive, no energy drain. Protects against fire damage, plasma damage and explosive damage. Just install the aug and never worry about it again except for upgrading it. Regen aug is still the better choice, but Energy Shield will save your skin many times if you choose it.

Return to HK MJ12 lab (The UC)

Have you ever gone back via versalife to go to the UC? You just use the code Tong gives you and go through the maintenance area down the pipe right? If you do go via Versalife there are many MJ12 commandos (first ever appearance too), and a giant spider bot! (they probably only spawn under certain conditions though)
So now the choice is:

Use lockpicks (2-10, depending on skill) to open the grate in the maintenance room, resulting in a shortcut and no enemies, or fight/sneak your way past the MJ12 commandos and giant spider bot. Getting past that spider bot undetected is impossible without radar transparency or thermoptic camo I would have thought. Dunno, it's vanilla placement so I left it alone.

Yeah it's another map change spoiler but I thought it would save some back-tracking if you knew the choice beforehand.
Marcelo
NSF

Post by Marcelo »

Thank you very much for this Cyber. Just played through Liberty Island Map and I'm really liking the mod so far. The little map changes with the crates and the stair is a nice addition.
Last edited by Marcelo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

New Link for GMDX v2: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3E7AZa ... sp=sharing

Mediafire decided to troll, as it likes to do.

@Marcelo: Awesome scuba dog, dude :D Rocket dog? Scuba dog? Not sure.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hosted the mod at various sites. Links in the OP.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

LOUIS
You like the nurse, eh?

JC DENTON
The nurse on the platform? She's all right.

LOUIS
You stay away from her. Camille is a good woman.

JC DENTON
What am I, then? Bad?

LOUIS
You sneak into places you don't belong without paying. Eh? Am I right? A
criminal! Give me the 300 credits or I call the police!

JC DENTON
Make me.

LOUIS
No! You -- you will pay! I will make you pay!
Maybe have two hostile police officers waiting for you outside?
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I don't remember exactly what happens after that event. Doesn't he turn hostile? Hmm police outside makes sense, but maybe the club like to handle their own problems. Again, it's ConEdit related I believe. I would probably do this if I could. It's probably simple enough, I just haven't touched ConEdit.

The Paris club needs a huge makeover imo, I may attempt to one day. I didn't really do much for it in GMDX. By makeover primarily I mean visually, and that is not in the scope of my mod. Revision has probably done it up good though.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Nothing happens after he says that. Propably with a good reason. The devs would not like to start a fight in their cool club where so many good conversations happen. And i respect that. But calling the police to get JC outside the club, sounds like a good idea to me.
(unknown sound)
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DDentonas wrote: The devs would not like to start a fight in their cool club where so many good conversations happen. And i respect that.
Nonsense. You have to go into the club first to even trigger that event, not to mention HK club which gets attacked.
DDentonas
UNATCO

Post by DDentonas »

Had another idea (i must stop using your thread for posting random things, but what the hell) When an enemy turns invisible (Navarre, Simons, your special invisible comandos) the crosshair shouldn't change when you target them, because it reveals their location, without any augmentation requirment or player skill to find see invisible enemies.

Also have the Navarre and Simons cloak earlier? Why wouldn't they use their augmentations? And make them more invisible. It's piss easy to see them right now.

One last think, that i guess is much harder, is to program the AI to fire, only when they are behind the player, so he doesn't see them when they open fire.
(unknown sound)