GMDXv9.0 Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: GMDXv9.0 Announced

Post by Cybernetic pig »

CorinthMaxwell wrote:Question: how did you manage to figure out how to get four different ammunition types on a single weapon? One of the reasons I worked on the Assault Crossbow (so it could be used with the EM Darts) was because I couldn't get them to work with the Mini-Crossbow. :-s
Change the AmmoTypes array to four elements. Change the inventory UI to accept four ammo types, basically look over all the code related to ammo types...fair amount of effort just for the crossbow. Take a look at DeusExWeapon.uc, personaInventoryScreen.uc etc, although I don't always comment.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Hygiene Assistant makes gmdx crash, In NYC Freeclinic, what should I do ?
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Replicate the crash and send me your DeusEx.log immediately after please.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

That's magically fixed ? but touching windows in Hong Kong also crashes the game. Also I PM'ed you about the UI from Revision, that square target reticule, where should I get it.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

When I was in Hong Kong, the windows of Maggie Chow's apartment gave me a crash , It must be a driver issue, though, the screen goes black, the player clips through the wall, and then the error appears. Also, what about Jaime having in assault rifle in Paris, his mesh doesn't correspond to the shooting animation, and his appearance becomes weird and glitchy, did you fix this
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Why would I fix an error as a result of your giving Jaime an assault rifle? I don't intend to give Jaime an assault rifle so if there's any error it's not my damn problem.

As for your other reports, they're probably not even reliable reports given that you're messing around with the game files and no one else has reported such a thing in v8.0 one year after its release.

Nonetheless, you want an actual answer, so change renderer, change general config, make sure there's no conflicting files from other mods or whatever it is you are tweaking, check the .log etc.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

I didn't give Jaime an Assault Gun, when I tried to damage him, he opened fire on me, guess he had it in his inventory.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

DaFuq? Well, my apologies then. I haven't given him any weapons so it must be vanilla.

Edit: just looked. Vanilla he does indeed have an assault gun. Maybe because of Martial Law? Makes sense. If the animation is botched then I'll have to test a one handed weapon, if that doesn't work either then he can have no weapon.
So I'm sorry for being dismissive with you, although your overall behavior justifies it, in this particular case it did not.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

@Kelkos
Could you post your computer specifications? It would be helpful in the future in case you come across any further errors.

@CyberP
I believe this is an issue with OpenAL, but for some reason the music glitches out after a while, and begins skipping around. The game also gets really laggy (From 40-50 FPS to 10-20 FPS average). I think it has something to do with how the UMX playback is handled.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

OH BOY IT'S TIME TO LOOK AT REVISION'S BUG FIXES (Seriously, though, they are fixing everything - about a third of their fixes actually fix the original Deus Ex)

Code: Select all

Liberty Island (First Visit):
      ++Alex now plays an infolink about the NSF bot if the player didn't disable or destroy it.

UNATCO HQ (All Versions):
      ++Carter’s computer can now be accessed from Alex’s.

UNATCO HQ (First Visit):
      Fixed a logic error causing Anna to not tell you to get your stealth pistol from Carter.
      ++The NSF bot now appears in the armoury if it wasn't destroyed.

Battery Park (First Visit):
      Changed the female hostage’s name from “Bum” to “Hostage”.
      ++If leaving the map early the bonuses for finding the ambrosia are disabled. It is instead moved to Anna and the terrorists in Castle Clinton are killed.

UNATCO HQ (Second Visit):
      Changed a trooper’s voice from “Man” to “UNATCOTroop”.

Hong Kong Majestic 12 Helibase:
      ++Made Jock play his idle lines.

Wan Chai Underground Mall & Lucky Money:
      ++Moved Max Chen close to his desk so he can be talked to from the other side.
      ++Added bodyguards to the bar when Max Chen and Gordon Quick are there.

Versalife Advanced R&D (Level 1):
      Fixed Dr Casswell’s conversation not working.

Brooklyn Naval Shipyards (Ventilation):
      Fixed the login for the computer.

NYC Cemetery:
      Commandos now spawn in the graveyard if Shea knows about Dowd (and isn't dead) and now don't spawn if Joe Greene knows (but is dead).

Paris Catacombs:
      Fixed JC saying “be be” instead of “be” when talking to Chad.

Area 51 (Sector 2):
      Got the alternate infolink from Page at the elevator to work.

Area 51 (Sector 4):
      Fixed a computer's event not turning off the lasers like it said it does.
      Fixed the computer stating "lazers" instead of "lasers".

Gameplay:
      Grenades no longer detonate if sprayed by a fire extinguisher.

Misc:
      Fixed a player’s shadow returning if changing levels while cloaked.
      Fixed a grammatical error in one of the newspapers. (Not very informative, maybe bjorn98009_91 can clarify?)
      If the spydrone has one second left until it is rebuilt it will display “1 second” instead of “1 seconds”.
      Fixed ATMs allowing the player to login to the first account in the system if the PIN was correct, regardless of what account number was entered.
      Fixed a typo in one of JC's barks. (???)
      Turned off the player’s laser when in conversations with the weapon out.
None of it has been tested, but I'm guessing most of it is worth checking out. They sometimes have Shifter/BioMod specific fixes, and I'm having a hard time separating those fixes from original Deus Ex gameplay.
Also, they are restoring original gameplay, like the first bugfix - an Infolink message by Alex about the NSF bot. I've never heard that one before.

EDIT: Removed bugfixes that were irrelevant, added (++) next to bugged behaviors that still exist in GMDX.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Very few of those even with your ++ tag are bugfixes or are not relevant to vanilla/GMDX. Some may be worth considering though, like spawning some bodyguards with Chen and quick.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Well, whether it's world building additions or bugs - it all kind of blends together for me at this point.
For example, I'm guessing Alex's Infolink about the bot was always in-game, but didn't trigger because of a bugged or non-existing trigger, and I couldn't have known about it.
The same could've been said about Max Chen's guards, right? But I'm guessing that's actually an original addition of theirs rather than a bug fix.

Anyway, the actual 3 changelogs for Revision are much longer - I just narrowed it down for things that may be relevant and may be worth looking into (in my eyes).
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

It's a mix of new additions by Revision, fixes of Revision-related bugs, and lastly some vanilla bugs too, which is of note so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I noticed they adapted some of my "open source bugfixes" when I posted them (I should update that list sometime. Too busy) so I'm sure they won't mind if I pursue the tackling of one or two issues from that list.
++Alex now plays an infolink about the NSF bot if the player didn't disable or destroy it.

Fixed ATMs allowing the player to login to the first account in the system if the PIN was correct, regardless of what account number was entered
Those two is probably all that is relevant to GMDX (as vanilla bugfixes). Some of it I'm uncertain about though, as Revision changed a lot of the vanilla character interactions. Or not the interactions themselves, but when and where they occur is changed often and scripting related to that.

Oh, and here's to another fucked up, disappointing, joyous and wonderful new year.
Shadowdancerxxl
NSF

Post by Shadowdancerxxl »

I think more dialogue is always a good thing, because it helps the story-telling and the overall atmosphere of the game.

But to be honest what I'd rather see GMDX borrow from Revision or implement in some occasions where Revison didn't bother are npc reactions to certain player decisions. Without going into a long explanation what I mean I'll instead mention a few scenarios:

- Generally in cityscapes I'd like to see the game spawn hostile cops if I decide to start killing civilians left and right. Like if I go into the Bar in NY and kill everybody.

- In Hong Kong in the Versalife lab I'd like to see some elite soldiers or so being spawned if I've stolen that Nanoblade ROM.

- Or if I just arrived in Hong Kong and got captured I'd like to see MJ12 soldiers actually run towards the chopper and attempt to arrest me/kill me instead of staying in their quarters and chilling.

- Or in Area 51 if I either want to merge with Helios or blow up the place and I'm heading back to sector 3 I'd like to see actual effort from Page to try to stop me and send a few soldiers at me.

Could mention a few more scenarios, but I think you guys already got what I mean.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx A mod that improves Deus Ex's gameplay, maps, visuals, audio etc. whilst staying loyal to its original design? Yes my friend, you may touch yourself with the light now.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Yeah, Page can use PEDOT and aura attacks.