GMDX Art Thread

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Mortecha
UNATCO

Re: GMDX Art Thread

Post by Mortecha »

Kelkos wrote:
Mortecha wrote:In all my years being on the internet, and posting on forums. This guy is literally the most facepalm inducing individual I have ever met... I think he loves the reactions and attention to be honest.. But the thing I find strange is that on other posts in other threads he sometimes knows he is shit, even if it's somewhat superficial. Shame because he could be a valuable member of the community if it wasn't for his behavior.
Great, anything for me?
Unless Cybernetic Pig sees potential in you, I'm going to go with a big fat NO!

Somehow I don't think that's going to stop you given the 6 pages of madness you've left behind in this thread alone.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Bet that knife of yours isn't even 100 polygons.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Kitchen Knife v1

Post by Mortecha »

Hopefully this will make Kelkos STFU about the kitchen knife..

Excuse the black edge, for some reason 3ds Max makes it so..
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Looks like somethig outta hatchet.

1. No marking on the blade
2. No grazing on the blade
3. No detail on the blade
4. The blade is not smooth unlike my model
5. The riveting is completely shit unlike my model
6. The plastic handle has no detail
7. The plastic handle has no sharpening
8. The vanadium/alloy is extremely silver unlike mine.
9. The ratio/propotion of blade : handle is way off
10.The upper part of the blade is not smoothened, and blunt for good support unlike mine.
Attachments
You can't win
You can't win
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Ok, Kelkos, your model sucks (Especially since you didn't even MAKE it AND you're trying to credit yourself for the model), Mortecha's is good, and can we just stop this whole argument about god damn kitchen knives? Anyways, any progress on other models?

Oh, and seriously, how old are you?
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Great model there, Mortecha - definitely in line with your previous ones on ModDB. Pay no attention to Kelkos, who is completely devoid of any talent and skill in game editing - and as such, he thinks his opinions on other people's work is legitimate (it's not).

While Clyzm may have taken weapon models from other games and put them into Deus Ex, he actually converted the models himself and fixed the animations himself (not many have pulled that off, mind you) - not to mention implementing all the sounds and UnrealScript code. That requires actual skill.

Unlike Kelkos, who thinks that taking material from other games is somehow AN ACHIEVEMENT (it's not), that he should be given credit for copying files and running them through converters (he shouldn't) and most impotently, that taking materials from other games should be the norm and done deliberately (no surprises there, as that's what people completely devoid of talent and skill think) instead of the other reasons employed by Clyzm and certain modders (not limited to DX), for example.

Remember that Kelkos is the guy who joined these forums, asked for help, got it from CyberP, and then started harassing and insulting CyberP when he CyberP didn't dance to his whims (which he was called out on, but attempted to be clever by registering a new nickname and pretending to be a new person). You don't need thorough evidence to see that he's been spamming the forums for requests for just about everything because he is, as stated, completely devoid of any talent and skill. Not to forget all the times he has ignored being told to not hijack threads for his justifiably neglected requests (no, child, starting a post with "not to hijack the thread" etc. doesn't mean it's suddenly not hijacked by your drivel).

In simplest of all terms, he just wants attention on himself in exchange for nothing.

In other words, Bogie, it's extremely possibly that this guy was born in 2003, which was the last year when I saw this much entitled and whiny behavior by an untalented kid on a gaming forum that I frequented. If he is younger, the explanation for his behavior becomes even more apparent. If he is older, that would make his character absolutely pathetic, and permanently flag him as a manchild completely devoid of talent and skill in computer games.
Last edited by FastGamerr on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Bogie wrote:Ok, Kelkos, your model sucks (Especially since you didn't even MAKE it AND you're trying to credit yourself for the model), Mortecha's is good, and can we just stop this whole argument about god damn kitchen knives? Anyways, any progress on other models?

Yeah plasma and assault rifles coming up next, but definitely after New Years.
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

FastGamerr wrote:Great model there, Mortecha - definitely in line with your previous ones on ModDB. Pay no attention to Kelkos, who is completely devoid of any talent and skill in game editing - and as such, he thinks his opinions on other people's work is legitimate (it's not).

While Clyzm may have taken weapon models from other games and put them into Deus Ex, he actually converted the models himself and fixed the animations himself (not many have pulled that off, mind you) - not to mention implementing all the sounds and UnrealScript code. That requires actual skill.

Unlike Kelkos, who thinks that taking material from other games is somehow AN ACHIEVEMENT (it's not), that he should be given credit for copying files and running them through converters (he shouldn't) and most impotently, that taking materials from other games should be the norm and done deliberately (no surprises there, as that's what people completely devoid of talent and skill think) instead of the other reasons employed by Clyzm and certain modders (not limited to DX), for example.

Remember that Kelkos is the guy who joined these forums, asked for help, got it from CyberP and then started harassing and insulting CyberP when he CyberP didn't dance to his whims (which he was called out on, but attempted to be clever by registering a new nickname). You don't need thorough evidence to see that he's been spamming the forums for requests for just about everything because he is, as stated, completely devoid of any talent and skill, and thus figuring out what to do himself. Not to forget all the times he's ignored being told to not hijack threads for his justifiably neglected requests (no, child, starting a post with "not to hijack the thread" etc. doesn't mean it's suddenly not hijacked by your drivel).

In simplest of all terms, he just wants attention on himself in exchange for nothing.

In other words, Bogie, it's extremely possibly that this guy was born in 2003, which was the last year when I saw this much entitled and whiny behavior by an untalented kid on a gaming forum that I frequented. If he is younger, all of his behavior should be even more apparent. If he is older, that would make his behavior even more pathetic and permanently flag him as a manchild completely devoid of talent and skill in computer games.
While he has been frustrating to deal with, the best thing we can do is ignore him as he clearly just wants attention above all else. I hope he becomes more mature soon but I don't thing that would be likely in the near future. He just sounds like someone who is not worth dealing with on any level.

It's a shame that you guys have been putting up with this for as long as you have, I have been dealing with it for only 2 days and It's been insanely frustrating. But then you realise that it's all being done on purpose, you would hope.

Personally I think the best course of action is banning him, but that's not going to stop a new account... So the second best option is to ignore and persevere.

Also thanks for the complement regarding my work:)
Shadowdancerxxl
NSF

Post by Shadowdancerxxl »

Ok, did you guys seriously argue on the last few pages about kitchen knives? xD

From a gameplay perspective it's unnecessary, because we already have like 5 melee weapons which basically do the same thing. From a realism perpective there are like a whole bunch of melee weapons that I'd rather see added first such as a baseball bat, a switchblade etc. and only on the bottom of the list would I put the kitchen knife.

Of course if Mortecha already spent time making the model and CyberP gave it a pass, then why not. I mean it does look pretty good plus low tech weapons are lame anyway so one more weapon isn't going make a difference.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx A mod that improves Deus Ex's gameplay, maps, visuals, audio etc. whilst staying loyal to its original design? Yes my friend, you may touch yourself with the light now.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Bogie wrote:Ok, Kelkos, your model sucks (Especially since you didn't even MAKE it AND you're trying to credit yourself for the model), Mortecha's is good, and can we just stop this whole argument about god damn kitchen knives? Anyways, any progress on other models?

Didn't expect this form you, but ok. Also, (MY MODEL) meaning that the cs model I represent. Ok, I'm stopping the argument, and PLEASE stop asking about my age, none of us want to get molested.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

FastGamerr wrote:Great model there, Mortecha - definitely in line with your previous ones on ModDB. Pay no attention to Kelkos, who is completely devoid of any talent and skill in game editing - and as such, he thinks his opinions on other people's work is legitimate (it's not).

Remember that Kelkos is the guy who joined these forums, asked for help, got it from CyberP, and then started harassing and insulting CyberP when he CyberP didn't dance to his whims (which he was called out on, but attempted to be clever by registering a new nickname and pretending to be a new person). You don't need thorough evidence to see that he's been spamming the forums for requests for just about everything because he is, as stated, completely devoid of any talent and skill. Not to forget all the times he has ignored being told to not hijack threads for his justifiably neglected requests (no, child, starting a post with "not to hijack the thread" etc. doesn't mean it's suddenly not hijacked by your drivel).

In other words, Bogie, it's extremely possibly that this guy was born in 2003, which was the last year when I saw this much entitled and whiny behavior by an untalented kid on a gaming forum that I frequented. If he is younger, the explanation for his behavior becomes even more apparent. If he is older, that would make his character absolutely pathetic, and permanently flag him as a manchild completely devoid of talent and skill in computer games.
Whoa guys, we're dealing with a badass here.
Last edited by Kelkos on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

nvm
Mortecha
UNATCO

Post by Mortecha »

Shadowdancerxxl wrote:Ok, did you guys seriously argue on the last few pages about kitchen knives? xD

From a gameplay perspective it's unnecessary, because we already have like 5 melee weapons which basically do the same thing. From a realism perpective there are like a whole bunch of melee weapons that I'd rather see added first such as a baseball bat, a switchblade etc. and only on the bottom of the list would I put the kitchen knife.
Yes, 6 whole pages of Kelkos forcing a CS knife and some random bushes onto this mod with hopes and delusions we would be impressed and immediately include it so that he gets credit, then not listening to anyone when things don't go his way...

A switchblade would be nice for thugs too, but I think that will be reaching. Up to CP though.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

Ok, let's stop arguing about the knife, and focus onward.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

NO HATE! :evil:

Yeah, um CyberP, can you make an electronic discharge when the player equips the riot prod in water? It'll be like this. When the player equips the prod, there will be a huge electrical explosion, and all the entities in the water zone will die, automatically , regardless of their health. Including the player too, Also, I'm suggesting that the pilot light of the flamethrower is also extinguished when the player enters a water zone.