Problem with OGL mod

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Problem with OGL mod

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

I have a pretty big problem hopefully someone can help.

I installed Deus Ex GOTY edition and all was well. I installed the Enhanced Open GL Renderer and things got a little weird. I used the 1.9 version that was released 2/22 on the website. Tweaked some settings using various guides till everything was just right.

When I started DX I could see while it was initally loading up a second before it would go fullscreen that Windows (I'm on XP) would get like, brighter. So I play the game for a little bit, exit the game. Windows stayed brighter. I don't know a better word than that. My blacks are kinda gray now. It's very noticable. If I start another game, RomeTW for example, I can see the screen go back to its regular brightness for a sec before the game goes full screen, but when I exit that things go back to the brighter weird scheme that DX created. It stays that way even if I reset my comp.

What happened and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Problem with OGL mod

Post by DDL »

What kinda graphics card do you have?

I used to get this all the time with ATI cards, but opening the radeon control panel and pretty much touching ANY screen colour/brightness/gamma setting (not even changing, just selecting) would whip it back to the original brightness.
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Re: Problem with OGL mod

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

ddl, u sir are the man. thank you.