How can I unpack the props used in TNM (e.g. music & movies)

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Dark Reality
UNATCO

How can I unpack the props used in TNM (e.g. music & movies)

Post by Dark Reality »

How, exactly, can I take props used in TNM to be inserted into Deus Ex (actually DX: Revision)? Are they complete objects that can simply be spawned wherever, or are they textures you just applied to a small, liftable, breakable shape?

I'm hoping this little project of mine won't be too hard, once I get going.

Also, to give me a head start, in your opinion, what albums, movies, and video games featured as props in TNM would be appropriate to drop in which Deus Ex characters' homes and/or offices? It's really my job to list all the places that will be enhanced in this way (and who owns them) and then figure out who gets what, but if anyone saw something in TNM and strongly feels someone in DX should have it, please let me know. (Naturally, nobody will have a copy of Deus Ex, as Deus Ex should not touch the fourth wall.)
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: How can I unpack the props used in TNM (e.g. music & movies)

Post by Jonas »

There is a single DVD Case object and a CD Closed object. The texture of these objects is changed by setting their multiskins in their properties in UnrealEd, and their names are set by changing their UnfamiliarNames (and their FamiliarNames, just to be sure). Often they have also been rotated and their collision properties changed to make it look like they're leaning against walls or similar.

The classes, meshes, and textures for the objects are all in TNMDeco, and you should be able to get them with WOTGreal if I'm not mistaken.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine