Mind Puzzles

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Mind Puzzles

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Puzzles or riddles, whatever you wanna call 'em. Let's hear 'em. I'd like to know how many people get these right too (or who have heard them before lol).

Here's mine.

Romeo and Juliet are in a rented apartment, the landlord comes around to get the rent and finds Romeo and Juliet dead on the floor. There was no forced entry and all that's left is broken glass with water on the floor, the window is also open slightly.

How did they die?
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Mind Puzzles

Post by Jaedar »

~Psychotic~ wrote: Here's mine.

Romeo and Juliet are in a rented apartment, the landlord comes around to get the rent and finds Romeo and Juliet dead on the floor. There was no forced entry and all that's left is broken glass with water on the floor, the window is also open slightly.

How did they die?
There are so many possibilities, but since this is a riddle thing, I assume they were the thieves or something like that? Or you know, suicide pills in water.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Jaedar wrote:
~Psychotic~ wrote: Here's mine.

How did they die?
There are so many possibilities, but since this is a riddle thing, I assume they were the thieves or something like that? Or you know, suicide pills in water.
Nope.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

shot by an arrow with a head made of ice?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Lol, nope. I also apologise if this is considered spam by the mods.

Just some advice: Don't over-think the situation too much. And don't try thinking like you would at a crime scene, because that's over-thinking the situation (yes, I would rather like someone to at least get close).
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

They starved maybe? or died from lack of water? I'm sorry I can't not overthink it. (is the window broken? but that seems like forced entry to me)
bobby 55 wrote:shot by an arrow with a head made of ice?
Pretty epic, but only if the shaft was made out of glass, and then you can't really shoot it.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Jaedar wrote:or died from lack of water?
Close.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

They're fish.

Didn't even have to read the ful story for that one, the names Romeo and Juliet were enough.
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

AgentSmithereens wrote:They're fish.

Didn't even have to read the ful story for that one, the names Romeo and Juliet were enough.
Correct (though may I ask, how'd you know from the names only?) If you've got any feel free to post them I have to make my one up in some image editor first (and I don't have Photoshop installed atm). So I'll give you this easy one for now (and do note a lot of these are publicly available, it's not like I'm hiding anything here, but using Google to figure out the answers is rather cheap lol).
There are three switches downstairs.
Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic.
You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.

How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?
EDIT: Without breaking anything LOL.
Last edited by ~Psychotic~ on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I'd use a hammer to smash through the walls to find all of the electric cables to see where they go.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

Xesum wrote:I'd use a hammer to smash through the walls to find all of the electric cables to see where they go.
LMFAO I never actually thought of that myself. Let's try again with a little less violence (even though I love your frame of thinking)?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

~Psychotic~ wrote:
AgentSmithereens wrote:They're fish.

Correct (though may I ask, how'd you know from the names only?) If you've got any feel free to post them I have to make my one up in some image editor first (and I don't have Photoshop installed atm). So I'll give you this easy one for now (and do note a lot of these are publicly available, it's not like I'm hiding anything here, but using Google to figure out the answers is rather cheap lol).
There are three switches downstairs.
Each corresponds to one of the three light bulbs in the attic.
You can turn the switches on and off and leave them in any position.

How would you identify which switch corresponds to which light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?
EDIT: Without breaking anything LOL.
Turn the middle switch off leaving the other two on?
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

bobby 55 wrote:Turn the middle switch off leaving the other two on?
Then you would only find out what light one switch turned on. The other two you wouldn't know still.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

~Psychotic~ wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Turn the middle switch off leaving the other two on?
Then you would only find out what light one switch turned on. The other two you wouldn't know still.
Which makes me as bright as that turned off middle light :mrgreen:
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

bobby 55 wrote:Which makes me as bright as that turned off middle light :mrgreen:
Don't worry, I don't get all of them either. For some I already have the answers, but I've still taken a crack at guessing them myself. For the example, the one I first posted I couldn't guess at all. I mean, why would you think that Romeo and Juliet are FISH? And that's the idea of it, to show that many human minds think logically and practically to almost all situations. Which can be a good and bad thing.