Hejhujka Hardcore Mod rerealeased

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

warman
UNATCO

Hejhujka Hardcore Mod rerealeased

Post by warman »

I just saw this on moddb.

The Hardcore DX mod has been done over again and released by Hejhujka. According to the description -
1. Single-Player game with new and old enemies on 4 different difficulty levels.
2. New Multiplayer with tournament bots, 4 game-type and off-line feature.
3. Totally rebuilded weapons (like akimbo pistols, rail guns, etc.) with primary and alternative firing modes, mounted weapons.
4. New augmentations like Levitation, Telekinesis, Hologram System, Teleportation, new HUD, player classes and more.
The first version of this mod was released somewhere in 2003. The latest and final version was released on December 14, 2006.
The goal of this mod was always to add a lot of new features (without modifying the maps) to the original game and therefore make it interesting for the players to play it at least one more time (probably twice due to different game styles the mod offers depending on difficulty level you choose to play).
In this final version I?ve tried to fix every known bug (and hopefully I?ve fixed all). I?ve added a lot of new and funny sounds for the player and non-player characters, new and cool sounds for the bullet impacts, weapons, etc. I?ve also added some new combat tactics to the HumanMilitary ? the most common enemy you fight against in the single player game. Now they not only attack by running toward the enemy, but also try to retreat, take cover, and make an ambush. Some of them defend a specified position (usually the place where the player definitely must come in to continue the game play) and they will stay there and wait the player to kill him.
On the hardest difficulty the enemies can dodge/jump and therefore avoid dangerous projectiles which mean it becomes much harder to directly hit them with let?s say a rocket or napalm canister. They even try to avoid tracking them with the GEP Gun and now they?re able to track the player so you better be good.
Beside that I?ve added a lot of small stuffs like UT2003 style double jumping, a few new NPC (so now there is about 10-15 types of new enemies), one additional map for the ?Kill the Leader? game, ability to fire normal and WP grenades in the GEP Gun?s alternative fire, modified scope view, checked the item replacement (so some of the weapons and pickups are removed from the first levels of the game to add more challenge), etc.
Untill the file will be uploaded to Moddb you can download it directly from my site.
So like he said I went to his site ( http://hejhujka.googlepages.com/hejhujka'sdeusexmods) and downloaded it. It's pretty good but not that different from the last one. :(

The gravity Gun mod is the shiznit though. :teeth:
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

I hadn't played this mod. Pretty awesome.

The gravgun is buggy. With the main modification, there are some really great additions, but a lot of things that keep screwing up my gameplay. Some of the new augmentations are amazing. The Dragonstooth is great when it comes back. The invisibility cloak makes you transparent. I wish some things could be turned off though, that the mod could have been done piecemeal.