Malkavian mod

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

nerdenstein
Illuminati

Re: Malkavian mod

Post by nerdenstein »

I don't know. I thought the same thing when I heard it. :-s
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Morpheus wrote:when does Gunther say prairie dog town anywhere in deus ex?
He doesn't.

It looks like there was a originally an actual combat section of the training mission (all of these are from Gunther)

Arena:
Take the weapons on the table. Each of the buttons on the table releases one robot in the room which you will face in combat. Only after the robots are defeated will the doors to the exit open. If you are as good as they say then you should have no problem in taking on all four at once.

Destroy Object:
Notice the two objects at the far end. One is a camera and the other is an autoturret. They are tough to destroy and will require an explosive or an EMP grenade. Try this with one of these on the table. Use the ledge for cover. When the devices are neutralized, the switch near the turret will open the door, and you can go up to the Combat Arena.

EMP:
You have released a robot from the central bunker. Throw an EMP greande at the robot. If the grenade explodes in close enough proximity to the robot it will shut it down. EMP grenades are also useful in shutting down camera systems, autoturrets and proximity explosives, such as the LAM.

GEP
You have released a target robot. Use the GEP gun and its tracking rockets to destroy the robot.

Golphers
This set of targets is what we like to call the "Prairie Dog" town. Each of the six targets will pop up in a random pattern. Try to take them out quickly and efficiently .

LAM
You have released another robot into the arena. Use the LAM, Light Munitions, to destroy it. LAMs are also useful for breeching weak walls, some fencing, and light doors. They also can destroy heavy re-inforced cameras and autoturrets.

LAW
This is the Light Anti-Tank weapon or LAW. A static target has appeared on the far side of the compund. Destroy it.

NotArena
You are eager. I like that but first you will need to train in demolition before I open the doors to the Combat Arena.

NotOutDoor
You are not yet ready for this area. You need to first go to the static target range, next door.

OutdoorRange
This is the outdoor target range. Below you is a simulated section of an urban environment. Each of the buttons on the window sill will test your abilities with the weapons. When you press each button, the appropriate weapon storage case will open. Use that weapon on the targets provided. If you wish to reset the range, press the button on the wall.

Pistols
Choose your pistol JC. Try to take out the static targets below as quickly as you can. If your accuracy is good you will take them all out with one clip.

Sniping
In the windows of the building on the far side of the arena, you will see moving targets. Try to use your sniper rifle to take out all of these targets.

WelcomeArena
Welcome to the Combat Arena. The guard will take all of the weapons you have acquired so far. Step up to the table and I will descibe the arena.

-

Other than that it looks to me like all of the training infolink messages are used. So it looks like there were supposed to be at least two more areas, the arena and the outdoor range, further, training must have been less linear than it currently is because you could get to the doors to those areas before you were allowed to enter them.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

And assuming because the Malkavian Mod includes the audio for the Prairie Dog Town part, all the others have includes voice acting?

This could be something that is restored in the Revision mod or another similar mod.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

This prairie dog town reminds me of the beginning of the missile silo mission...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

nerdenstein wrote:And assuming because the Malkavian Mod includes the audio for the Prairie Dog Town part, all the others have includes voice acting?

This could be something that is restored in the Revision mod or another similar mod.
I would guess that the audio is there for all of it, it's in the conversation files (that's where I grabbed the text from) and I've yet to learn of something being in the conversation files that didn't have the associated audio recorded. Each thing has an associated audio file listed (though I have not checked to make sure they're all really there.)

Presumably you'd just need to add triggers to make the datalinks show up. The hard part wouldn't be the audio, it would be the mapping.