Malkavian mod

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Morpheus
X-51

Malkavian mod

Post by Morpheus »

I just got the mod, the latest one. Its not really much of a mod, but how do you kill hitler? I was told in the old one you can use the ganster ammo to kill him, but in this version the rockets just act like normal rockets and normal WP rockets and do nothing. Anyone know?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Malkavian mod

Post by ggrotz »

You got to talk to Gunther first and have him give you the "go upstairs to the junk pile" line. It should then give you the goal to kill Hitler. The WP rockets work in Manderley's Hunting Rifle.

(It's a little glitchy, I've noticed, in that you got to follow it exactly as intended, assuming you can even figure out what is intended. Right now, I got the "Find Bob Page" and "the homeless people are doing something to the troops" goals stuck in my last save game and really am not seeing what needs done.)
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

ggrotz wrote:You got to talk to Gunther first and have him give you the "go upstairs to the junk pile" line. It should then give you the goal to kill Hitler. The WP rockets work in Manderley's Hunting Rifle.

(It's a little glitchy, I've noticed, in that you got to follow it exactly as intended, assuming you can even figure out what is intended. Right now, I got the "Find Bob Page" and "the homeless people are doing something to the troops" goals stuck in my last save game and really am not seeing what needs done.)
Hmm...I'll try that, WP Rockets in the hunting rifle have so far not worked, maybe talking to gunthur might help sort that out.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I...I...

...really liked some of the stuff in this!

This was a fun mod, but is there any resolution as yet? The only quests I can remember completing are killing Hitler and meeting Daedalus, with no joy finding PILLS and I can't find any way to progress or to make Manderley rap.

There are some fantastic bits though; the toilet conversation and cafeteria (have any crack?) exhange were magnificent.

I thought of something similar when playing Malkavian in VtM:B; it was fun playing as a loopy character with such flowery and outlandish language but I was a bit disappointed how much sense the dialogue options still meant. I realise you don't want to design a whole new script for each character class but what with the dead-on insight I felt like a phychically gifted normal person with a flair for purple prose. Still it is fun playing the game as such a weird character. I heard in Fallout you could play as a character with so little intelligence they can't even speak, which I imagine makes for an interesting experience too.

The mod does show how fun a little insanity in games can be. (Playing ZODIAC felt very down to earth after the Malkavian mod). I think a game designed from the ground up around such weirdness and non-sensical elements would be fun. Let us end the tyranny of making sense and bring a touch of colour and madness to the world.
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

Delta2501 wrote:I...I...
I thought of something similar when playing Malkavian in VtM:B; it was fun playing as a loopy character with such flowery and outlandish language but I was a bit disappointed how much sense the dialogue options still meant. I realise you don't want to design a whole new script for each character class but what with the dead-on insight I felt like a phychically gifted normal person with a flair for purple prose. Still it is fun playing the game as such a weird character. I heard in Fallout you could play as a character with so little intelligence they can't even speak, which I imagine makes for an interesting experience too.
It's been a while since I played it, but one thing I remember about Bloodlines is that I wished that I hadn't played a Malkavian as my first character. Don't get me wrong, it was quite entertaining, but there were a significant number of times were I finished a conversion to be left wondering, "how was that normally supposed to go, and what just happened?"

Fictional example:
Female Club Owner: Yes? What can I do for you?
Malkavian OiNutter: You might unlock the gates of hell for me such that the possessed legion of your foul torment wouldst SPILL FROM YOUR DREAMS AND PLAGUE HUMANITY FOR ALL FUTURE GENERATIONS! No more, no less.
Female Club Owner: Wh- I- How did you know??
Malkavian OiNutter: Your mind did speak when last upon the cold bier your soul was laid. Crept upon the precipice, I did, and your secrets I consumed until you were no more.
Female Club Owner: ... I cannot deny it; I know you speak the truth. Meet me at this address in one hour and be prepared.
Malkavian OiNutter: Bitter destiny hath never smelled as sweet.
Real OiNutter: Uh... OK... uh... maybe I need a... rocket launcher...?
TNM CULTIC TEES: Vote Llama! Vote Goat! Buy both and be a turncoat!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! You and Chris should collaborate on a book, it would be a riot.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Need I remind you that I am unable to adequately describe this outfit and hairstyle?

If I'm going to write a book I'll probably need to be at least half decent at basic description.

That said, OiNutter, what sort of book shall we write?
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

chris the cynic wrote:Need I remind you that I am unable to adequately describe this outfit and hairstyle?

If I'm going to write a book I'll probably need to be at least half decent at basic description.

That said, OiNutter, what sort of book shall we write?
She is obviously wearing a furlock over a frumple... and a messenger bag.

And Chris, my dear, how could you forget that we are already writing a television programme??
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

A mere television programme? Surely you envisage a genre-breaking radionic televisual filmic game-o-vision pumped straight into pundits' frontal lobes, filling their tiny minds with visions of paradise and rivers of Melk(tm)?

If this is the extent of your vision you lack the insight of a true Malkavian, sir!
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

The television program is but the center of a larger project that revolves around the television program. That is why it is at the center. It would be shameful for it to be at the side of the larger project if the larger project revolved around it.

The problem here is that we tend to coordinate over AIM, which has been somewhat spotty for me of late, and our visions for the program are becoming so increasingly divergent that it may eventually prove impossible to fit them in the same program. While two programs covering the same material in moderately the same way on different channels would be a solution it would ruin the entire idea of collaboration as well as tear asunder the large project.

Plus, I have no idea when we last discussed it.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

OiNutter wrote: Fictional example:
The great Jaedar shall translate this fictional example, as if it came from the game, observe:
OiNutter wrote:You might unlock the gates of hell for me such that the possessed legion of your foul torment wouldst SPILL FROM YOUR DREAMS AND PLAGUE HUMANITY FOR ALL FUTURE GENERATIONS! No more, no less.
Clearly she knows something that could destroy society.
OiNutter wrote:Your mind did speak when last upon the cold bier your soul was laid. Crept upon the precipice, I did, and your secrets I consumed until you were no more.
I learnt your secrets by speaking to your undead friend.
OiNutter wrote:Bitter destiny hath never smelled as sweet.
I'm going to enjoy killing you.

I enjoyed playing Malk in Bloodlines simply because it constantly left me guessing as to what I was really saying.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I guess it just depends whether you already saw the dialogue before as a normal character; if so you realise how close it is to an option you saw before. Playing Malk on a subsequent playthrough does mean you can work out just what his insight is pointing at though (like Strauss's role in the Camarilla ending being perceived right from the start).
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Delta2501 wrote:I...I...

...really liked some of the stuff in this!

This was a fun mod, but is there any resolution as yet? The only quests I can remember completing are killing Hitler and meeting Daedalus, with no joy finding PILLS and I can't find any way to progress or to make Manderley rap.
Yes, the conversations are the draw of this mod. As far as other posts on it have gone, the claim is the only not fulfillable quest is the 747 one in the latest one. And the mod isn't complete.

Did you meet the bartender's "son" yet? Or the King of the Homeless? Or the transvestite (speaking of "Howard")?

By the way Denton, my three daughters turned up dead. Here's your op bonus 1000 credits.

Waste no time: The goal is conquest. What's the first move?
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I'm pretty sure I saw most of the stuff in the version of the mod I downloaded (but there may be a more recent one that I have missed). I saw the toilet, the son, the homeless king etc. but even after wandering around for ages I can't find how to achieve a lot of the objectives (find PILLS, investigate homeless, find something interesting).

There are some things I am wondering if they have greater significance that I missed. I found the guy in the medical closet but died as soon as I went near him. I couldn't talk to Lucius Debeers and didn't investigate the corridor with the hostile guards. I opened the ladies bathroom with a multitool but only found an invincible Karkian.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Delta2501 wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw most of the stuff in the version of the mod I downloaded (but there may be a more recent one that I have missed).
I understand the bartender and his "son" is the latest addition, so you're probably fine there.
Delta2501 wrote:I can't find how to achieve a lot of the objectives (find PILLS, investigate homeless, find something interesting).
A lot of it is cryptic but really simple stuff. You got to do certain things in certain orders in order to get them, and that makes it tough, even to figure out what you need to do.

Spoiler tags used in case you or anyone else simply wants to just figure this stuff out.
Delta2501 wrote:I found the guy in the medical closet but died as soon as I went near him.
He's of no consequence. It's just a trick area - the only reward for going in there is the flamethrower.
Delta2501 wrote:I couldn't talk to Lucius Debeers
He'll talk eventually, if you get the 747 objective.
Delta2501 wrote:and didn't investigate the corridor with the hostile guards.
I don't see anything useful down that corridor.
Delta2501 wrote:I opened the ladies bathroom with a multitool but only found an invincible Karkian.
He's not. He's actually your PILLS objective.

I'm not sure of the investigate homeless objective or the Find Bob Page objective. The other one you mention is a wierd box you'll find pretty easily if you look for it.