Malkavian mod

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

I Wanted Orange
Thug

Re: Malkavian mod

Post by I Wanted Orange »

Quick request: could someone upload a clip to youtube of the scene where JC and the all-black dude are talking, and the dude says something like "We're all black!" and it cuts back to JC, who has turned black and says "So am I"?

I'd really like to send it to a friend of mine, and I have no means of capturing it at the moment.

Thanks!
DEMPSAS wrote:I think Gunther is a pretty cool guy!!!1! eh only wanted orange, and doesn't affraid of anything.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Lemon & Lime is better though.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
I Wanted Orange
Thug

Post by I Wanted Orange »

Xesum wrote:Lemon & Lime is better though.
I do not make mistakes of that kind.

Neither should you.
DEMPSAS wrote:I think Gunther is a pretty cool guy!!!1! eh only wanted orange, and doesn't affraid of anything.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, now you guys made me all curious and made me check it out. Very humorous stuff. Couldn't figure out the Bob Page or Homeless goal either.

And... how do you get the 747 goal? Alex doens't talk to me anymore now I drugged Manderley.

Also, what does the Alien mean with go back to the helipad?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:And... how do you get the 747 goal? Alex doens't talk to me anymore now I drugged Manderley.

1) Talk to him before you drug Manderley and after you go see Daedalus.
2) I don't quite know. I just dismiss it as something nonsensical and move on.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Well, now you guys made me all curious and made me check it out. Very humorous stuff. Couldn't figure out the Bob Page or Homeless goal either.

And... how do you get the 747 goal? Alex doens't talk to me anymore now I drugged Manderley.

I thought the box that appears in Jamie Reyes Med lab is the 747, but I got Lucius DeBeers to kill it and it exploded and the goal is still there. I think the goals for some things are there, but the mod is not finished so you can't complete some goals yet.
I can't find how to achieve a lot of the objectives (find PILLS, investigate homeless, find something interesting).
Pills are in the bathroom with the karkian, which is not to hard to kill, bit harder than a normal karkian. I can only figure how to: Meet dadelus, get pills and kill Hitler, rest eludes me. Any help?

Also I talked to the water cooler in Level 2 where the UNATCO Troops says stff about the CHINESE, and after talking to it, the troops became hostile towards me. is that meant to happen?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

4 possibilities:
- Mistake
- They saw you talking to the cooler and assumed you were a dangerous insane person.
- They heard it call you a corpse and assumed you are a zombie.

I was interested to find out that Jock's corpse has the explosive property even if you don't talk to him (try slashing him with Hitler's DTS and you'll be blown to bits).

I thought it might be fun to do a mod full of insane conversations like this, but it is probably too much for someone without any modding experience. You'd need to:
1. Extract edit and repack all the voice files into a form the game can understand, perhaps also importing other file types if you want to use sounds not from DX.
2. Spawn all the characters/talking objects, set their alliances and program all the conversations.

Would it be reasonably easy if all you wanted to program was a few conversations? I guess having objectives and strange areas like in the Malkavian mod would be much harder to program. How hard would the exporting, editing and importing new voice files part be?

If I ever get round to it I should probably do it with TNM characters since there is more new material there (avoids plagarising the Malkavian mod). You could call it The Nameless Malkavian or TNMalk. Any thoughts on how hard/time-consuming this would be?

Edit: Just found a site full of tutorials (http://www.planetdeusex.com/constructor/tutorials.htm) which will be useful, but I'd still apprectiate some advice as to how much work would be involved etc.

Edit again: How would using elements from TNM work? Would they come up in the list of objects in UnrealEd? Would it be possible to edit TNM maps, adding NPCs and objects, without too much difficulty?
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Anyone die when opening the closet in Jainie Reyes med lab? I opened it to see what was inside and somehow I triggered an explosion, didn't happen the second time I went in there, may be to do with the seagull corpse in there, not sure.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

You die the moment you walk into the medical closet (containing a corpse, seagull and flamethrower).

Another thing I noticed was that even if in godmode you will die in the explosion following the Jock convo. Guess that must be scripted.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Morpheus wrote:Anyone die when opening the closet in Jainie Reyes med lab? I opened it to see what was inside and somehow I triggered an explosion, didn't happen the second time I went in there, may be to do with the seagull corpse in there, not sure.
The med lab closet has a very strong radiation zone coded to it. You can get the flamethrower, and the dead body if you're real careful. I don't know about the explosion, unless you happened to do something to Jock in the process...
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Jock explodes by default at the end of the conversation if you choose to prod him, he is a bomb after all. I happened to do this with god mode on and still got blown to bits.

Quick question: anyone know how to create conversations with non-human objects in DX SDK? I can get a voiced convo with a living human to work but couldn't make it work with decoration HKBuddha or dead body MIBCarcass. Note I already changed the bindname under conversation properties and set the convo to invoke on proximity 5.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I believe proximity triggered conversations make the character in question constantly check for your distance, and decorations and such aren't coded to do that. You'll have to either make it trigger on frob or use a conversation trigger.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I'm pretty sure the PC Frobs NPC field was also on, yet all that happens is JC picks up the scope/corpse and gets message "too heavy to pick up" if he tries to interact with the HKBuddha.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well just make it a button and change its relevant properties so it looks like the buddha.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Grammatolatry
MJ12

Post by Grammatolatry »

This mod sounds hilarious. Where do you get it?
wink wonk