What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing?

Post by bobby 55 »

Mass Effect 3: Since I seemed to have painted myself into a corner, as in only scanning remains and no missions to complete, and every system has maximum Reaper alert I decided to begin the final few levels. Thanks to EDI and Garrus the Cerberus mission got done, and Kai twitface eliminated. I started the London mission and died almost a soon as I left the shuttle. I'll let you know how things went, probably on the dedicated thread if it's a bit involved (for spoilery reasons).
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

I'm currently on an Alien vs Predator kick.

Now, there's some confusion with this damn franchise:

back in the 90s there was an Aliens vs Predator released. It was a lot like doom... not this one because there's a name confusion here but this game is still good.

Aliens vs Predator 2 came out some time after Deus Ex... this game had a great singleplayer campaign that was LONG as well as multiplayer which I played the living hell out of when it first released all the way up until it stopped being competitive.

Now, come Aliens vs Predator released in 2010. This is the title I'm currently rehooked on. There is singleplayer yes but its a fraction of the length of AvP2, even with the fact that you can play a Marine, Alien and Predator. But, the multiplayer is so freaking tense and frightening so I find myself playing that a lot more when I have down time. The sad thing is there is only about 30 players online and that is during peak time right before I leave for work. :( Plus there is about EIGHT game modes you can take advantage of in multiplayer but I only see the basic Team DM available because of the fact that the player base is so tiny.

I can't wait for Colonial Marines to come out.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

I tried installing AvP2 on my PC, but the setup froze and now it won't install at all.
"Heh, a Throne Room! How pretentious can you get?" - Garret
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

AgentOrange wrote:I tried installing AvP2 on my PC, but the setup froze and now it won't install at all.
Yeah I think it's just too far back in the timeline now. If you can, do what I have setup and dual boot your computer with Windows 98 or XP. Of course this depends on the requirements for AvP 2.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

AgentOrange wrote:I tried installing AvP2 on my PC, but the setup froze and now it won't install at all.
Have you tried turning DEP off? Some older games won't install or run with that on. IIRC I had to do that with Half Life.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

DEP is already off.

Also I already use XP.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Erk, I haven't a clue then, sorry.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Yeah, I'm tossing in my cards, too.

If you really want an AvP fix I suggest getting the new one. I admit again that its a short game but it is really neat and the multiplayer is still a heart racer.

Then, wait for Colonial Marines like me... I swear that motion sensor beep will always give me goose bumps until the day I die. (Probably from a Xeno.)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Thief 2! At long last!

I made it look not awful. It runs in the right resolution and has acceptably detailed textures. And I can see what's going on now (it was pitch black the first time I opened it). The first level was all right though it took me ages to figure out when and where to use that fucking bird call, and I'm about half-way into the second level now and having a blast.

But it has giant spiders.

Fuck #-o
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Thief 2 is a brilliant, brilliant game. Yeah, I agree the first mission is quite dodgy with the NPCs, but it gets much more interesting as you progress. I think the Thieves Highway mission is a favourite for most players, and I'm no exception. Enjoy.

I just started Fallout 2 (third playthrough I believe), with the Restoration Project mod, which includes higher resolutions (I'm playing it at 800x600), some interface improvements such as scroll-wheel support for menus, countless bug fixes and even whole new levels added to the game. Once again I am astounded by the resourcefulness, devotion and understanding of 3rd-party modders. A highly recommend game and mod by me.
AgentOrange
UNATCO

Post by AgentOrange »

Jonas wrote:Thief 2! At long last!

I made it look not awful. It runs in the right resolution and has acceptably detailed textures. And I can see what's going on now (it was pitch black the first time I opened it). The first level was all right though it took me ages to figure out when and where to use that fucking bird call, and I'm about half-way into the second level now and having a blast.

Fuck #-o
Thief 1 is even more of a pain. Thief 2 has an acceptable control setup, but Thief 1 is more "Iffy" in it's controls. It also has very out-of-place combat segments that just don't belong. The maps are also a lot more confusing and hard to navigate. Needless to say, Thief 2 is a much more improved game.

Anyway, I WOULD be playing Max Payne. But it doesn't seem to like the 300 fps I get. As in: Very high FPS breaks very important events in the game.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:Thief 2! At long last!

Fuck #-o

Erm... it's that long since I played it I don't even remember the spiders. If this is the first time you played it I'll only say I love the "mechs" in that game.

Rhetorical question: Why isn't the comma key working?
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

gamer0004 wrote:,
That's just weird. Honestly, it wasn't working when I posted before. That's why there's periods after "Erm". :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well I found an old post on TTLG that explained how to edit object properties in DromEd, so now the spiders in my copy of Thief 2 delete themselves immediately after the start of each mission.

Problem fucking solved :D
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine