Job or business?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

GeryDvery
NSF

Job or business?

Post by GeryDvery »

Helloooo. :blush: I’ve been reading around and I just saw forex being considered to things that I think are alightly different from each other. :sweat_smile: But what do you think? Do you see forex trading as more of a job or more of a business/ passive income? :thinking:
NaimaVaughan
Thug

Re: Job or business?

Post by NaimaVaughan »

For sure, business will give you more return than any job. A business will provide you freedom and flexibility but a job won’t.
DelbertKorte
Mole Person

Re: Job or business?

Post by DelbertKorte »

If you have a trading strategy that's mostly automated and doesn't require constant monitoring, it becomes more of a business or even a source of passive income. Here, you've set up a 'system' that does most of the work for you while you focus on other aspects, perhaps even other streams of income.
To pivot a bit, the type of approach you take also determines what kind of banking accounts that suit your needs. If you're treating it like a business, it's crucial to separate your personal and trading finances. Many business bank accounts offer features that are incredibly useful for traders, such as low fees on foreign transactions, expense tracking, and even integrations with accounting software.