Request!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Request!

Post by ZeroPresence »

Greetings Gentlemen,

This is a request from my lady and myself regarding a fine European candy that she heard about yesterday through a friend at work. Looked it up online and found a video posted by a local radio host torturing their interns by sampling this supposed very sour candy. Red Hot Shock?

Does anyone recognize that? I imagine it's a normal appearance 'round those parts, but I've run into a problem. If possible, how the hell could I get some of this stuff shipped my way to the 'states? She requested that "WE MUST HAVE THIS" and of course my reply was:

Challenge Accepted.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Re: Request!

Post by shadowblade34 »

What the heck are you looking at my signature for?Read my blog
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Those use citric and malic acid for the sourness. So does Warheads sour candy, popular in the USA.

Depending on the use, mints may be more enjoyable.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Yes sir it is!
justanotherfan wrote:Those use citric and malic acid for the sourness. So does Warheads sour candy, popular in the USA.

Depending on the use, mints may be more enjoyable.
Yes, Warheads are weak sauce, though. Even the ones with the pathetic "sour center"

We are mostly interested in the "Level 3 and 4" ones.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

We have Squirms here. They're made by the Natural Confectionery people. After pilfering a couple off my niece I can attest that they're sour. I don't know that they're the extra sour you're seeking though.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Never heard of that one Zero but here in the UK, we do have a hard boiled sweet called 'Toxic Waste' and they're pretty damn sour.
They come in a mini plastic toxic barrel with a warning on the side not to have more than two at a time. =;

EDIT: Actually, after looking at the link Shadow posted, I think I recognise them. :-k
Not tried them though.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Nerdenstein, Toxic Waste can be pretty deadly, but I'm a man, so I can handle it.

So anyway, if that's what you need Zero, couldn't you just get it imported?

Did you actually google it like I did, becuase the Amazon link was the first that came up.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

That sounds awesome. I'm wondering about customs here, too. Say I got them to an address there in Europe that is more personable than Amazon.com, could they then ship them to me? I've unfortunately never been in the business of shipping candy across the pond!

Yep, I did. It looks like Amazon doesn't allow you to ship between nations? That is actually surprising... That's the reason I'm asking on here, because it looks like I have to do what I mentioned above. I may need to make this personal. :p
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

Sounds like you're about to kill someone. Anyway, good luck with whatever it is you're going to do, I can't help you any more.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Me and my girlfriend got some sweets from a random sweet stand by our Uni, and they said they were "Super sour!" but we didn't think much of it (because generally those sweets are quite tame). I think I had two and it knocked out my taste for at least 2 days.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

I am not satisfied! I simply do not understand why it turns out to be such a problem to ship freakin' candy from Europe to the United States.
shadowblade34
MJ12

Post by shadowblade34 »

There may be a bomb in it, damn terrorists.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

ZeroPresence wrote:I am not satisfied! I simply do not understand why it turns out to be such a problem to ship freakin' candy from Europe to the United States.
Someone I know in the US shipped some to me here in UK, if I recall it was Reese's Pieces and something else (which one one shop I know of actually sells here and its about 30 miles away and they stopped so wanted to know what they were like) but that was 2 years back. Guess that was someone sending them,not trying to buy online.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

ZeroPresence wrote:I am not satisfied! I simply do not understand why it turns out to be such a problem to ship freakin' candy from Europe to the United States.
I'm sorry, but the level of sour you have selected violates the Geneva Convention and cannot be shipped to the location you have selected. Please try an alternate product autonomously recommended for you below. Thank you for shopping with Amazon!
TNM CULTIC TEES: Vote Llama! Vote Goat! Buy both and be a turncoat!