Half-Life 2 chapters help

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Onemaster
NSF

Half-Life 2 chapters help

Post by Onemaster »

Hey.

I've deleted all of my Half-Life 2 saves. I'm making a "JC Denton plays Half-Life series" video and I would want to chapter through chapters.
But how can I unlock all the chapters of HL2 WITHOUT completing it totally and then with the saves in the save folder to unlock all of them?
I've tried downloading some hl2 saves on the net, but all of them only unlock 5 chapters, which is strange.
I ALSO tried doing as some guy said here http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/30 ... aved-game/
He told to edit HL2's config.cfg find the line ''sv_unlockedchapters=X(x being the number)'' and change the value i.e. change the number to 15, which means all of the chapters unlocked (or are there 14?) . I shut Steam down, did the change, launched steam and HL2 but it only showed the five first chapters unlocked. the sv_unlockedchapters was again in 5. Doesn't work.
I know I can jump into chapters with typing some cheats, but is there some other way to do it? I'd be really glad to get the chapters unlocked without completing the whole game again just for a video.
I wish there was something more I could say.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Half-Life 2 chapters help

Post by Phasmatis »

Have you tried using ''sv_unlockedchapters=X(x being the number)'' in the dev console instead of the config file?

When you downloaded the save file, did you play to the very end, that might be when the unlock chapters flag is triggered so just having saves may not be enough.

Other than that I'm not sure.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Onemaster
NSF

Post by Onemaster »

Phasmatis wrote:Have you tried using ''sv_unlockedchapters=X(x being the number)'' in the dev console instead of the config file?
That works! I can get into any chapter now! I had no idea of trying that with the console.
Thank you so much Phas!
I wish there was something more I could say.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Glad I could help.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.