What are you playing? Mass Effect 3 edition

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: What are you playing? Mass Effect 3 edition

Post by bobby 55 »

AEmer wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:
The question is, does this grate on any of your pet peeves, and for many people into the series, and sci-fi as a whole, it really kindof does. It grinds some very specific gears.

The most apt comparison is probably Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars Episode 1, or perhaps the evoks at the end of episode 6...
Weird, the partying ewoks? Jar Jar yessum Binks? :lol: Um, kinda idiotic and out of place?

I fear it may be a Dragon Age II catastrophe: The Orsino shambles, where after siding with him he uses blood magic anyway and attacks you and your party. If it's anything like that than my gears will be well and truly ground.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Yeah...fuck Orsino, and fuck everything about that.

I personally still had fun at the end of the game, and it was foreshadowed by the really dumb signature coding...but still absolutely retarded.

I don't know that this is worse in an absolute sense than the DA2 thing? but significantly more people appear to be significantly more upset with this.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Loyal fans feeling betrayed/letdown then. I really don't want to know the details, so thanks for answering without dropping any details. I think I'll play Soldier with Jane and go for the action option. With Vanguard John I might give the role playing option a whirl. I still need a PC so I don't know when that'll be. I'm really hoping I can start over Easter.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Why would you go action option? It just makes the game choose dialogue options for you. You don't even get to choose mode when you import a save, it assumes you want to play rpg mode(aka previous mass effects mode).
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

I was disapointed that the casual mode didn't play the game automatically :(

Lack of Auto-pilot.. I am disapoint. Today's Casual gamer lacks the intelligence and time to bother playing a game, they just want to look at the screen and be told "YOU WIN". Bioware missed an opportunity.

(Btw I'm being sarcastic, pointing out all the butthurt over this mode when it still forces you to at least PLAY some of it).
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

I...uh...there's butthurt over that mode?

That seems really silly if true.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:Why would you go action option? It just makes the game choose dialogue options for you. You don't even get to choose mode when you import a save, it assumes you want to play rpg mode(aka previous mass effects mode).
I hate to point out the obvious, but not having played the game I assumed action meant more shootery. Anyhoo the point is mute, as I'll be importing saves. :)
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

bobby 55 wrote:
Jaedar wrote:Why would you go action option? It just makes the game choose dialogue options for you. You don't even get to choose mode when you import a save, it assumes you want to play rpg mode(aka previous mass effects mode).
I hate to point out the obvious, but not having played the game I assumed action meant more shootery. Anyhoo the point is mute, as I'll be importing saves. :)
Oh ok, thought you knew the differences between the modes :P
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I just realized my Renegade Jane save is on the HDD that's in the PC my brother inlaw lent me. *sobs*
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

OH NO! :(

She's probably dead now :(
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Most likely. Too bad the Steam Cloud thingy couldn't save the "character" saves. I'll just have to do another ME 1 and 2 playthrough with her. Good grief.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

I am now in the section where I can first walk around on the Normandy, and so far I am not really excited about playing the game at all. There have been only cutscenes and shooting bits. I also tried multiplayer, but got kicked out of my first session (before the game started, presumably because I am level 1 in MP) and then couldn't get connection with the servers anymore.

Will play some more later, possibly, but I'm in no hurry.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

EER wrote:I am now in the section where I can first walk around on the Normandy, and so far I am not really excited about playing the game at all. There have been only cutscenes and shooting bits. I also tried multiplayer, but got kicked out of my first session (before the game started, presumably because I am level 1 in MP) and then couldn't get connection with the servers anymore.

Will play some more later, possibly, but I'm in no hurry.
Welcome to the land of Bioware, where you push a button and something awesome has to happen (by law)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

PlausibleSarge wrote:Welcome to the land of Bioware, where you push a button and something awesome has to happen (by law)
I'm not sure if you mean that I am disappointed because nothing awesome happens with every other push of a button (whether nothing awesome happens depends on your definition of awesome, obviously), or that I am disappointed because something awesome happens with every other push of a button, and I don't like that (again depends on the definition of awesome).

One of the first things you are allowed to do is to run after some assailant (no, really, run). Which I think is rather stupid if your controls are based on 'get from cover to cover very easily' as opposed to 'run through an open field'. It also seems like the environment is less interactive (barely anything to activate in the citadel)
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Post by PlausibleSarge »

EER wrote:
PlausibleSarge wrote:Welcome to the land of Bioware, where you push a button and something awesome has to happen (by law)
I'm not sure if you mean that I am disappointed because nothing awesome happens with every other push of a button (whether nothing awesome happens depends on your definition of awesome, obviously), or that I am disappointed because something awesome happens with every other push of a button, and I don't like that (again depends on the definition of awesome
I was actually referencimg this

http://youtu.be/tJMJN8FeOIs