Steam is currently failing very hard on my computer..help?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Hashi
Silhouette

Steam is currently failing very hard on my computer..help?

Post by Hashi »

There are two parts. The first is that my account got hijacked, and the same thing happened years back, and when I contacted steam support about it they never got back to me. So I basically expected the same result when I contacted steam support about this account, but they actually got back me. Miracles. But this has also failed.

Three times they have sent me a new password (all numbers) but when I tried them to log in with them, it said password was wrong. I tried on this computer, on the laptop and at uni. The 4 consecutive passwords did not work. So I have sent them another response asking WTF is going on.

But now on this computer when I try to log in with an account (a friends), it says steam cannot connect to the servers. Basically yesterday I could connect, and now today when I try I get that error. WTF? I can connect to the account on steam through my laptop too. And I can connect at uni.

I had this issue before, and I reinstalled steam, but I lost all of the games that I did not backup and had to redownload. I would rather not download all the games I did through friends account. So what can I do here?

Thanks in advance

regards
Hashi