UT III-demo is out!

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

"Learn" two OS'es? They work exactly the same! Our fucking teacher (who obviously had never used Windows since '95) spent half an hour "introducing" us to using a Mac, showing us such magnificant features as how to delete files by moving them to the trash can or how to create folders by the right-clicking or how to see the fucking time (HINT! IT IS DISPLAYED CONSTANTLY IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER, DIMWITS). The only difference is how it looks and that Mac has some fancy animations.

At least there's a major difference between how a PS3 works compared to a 360, and a Wii sports a completely different type of interaction.
Last edited by Jonas on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

You can right click with macs now? O_O

Isn't that like, one of the seven harbingers of the apocalypse or something?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Depends what sort of mouse you use, but yes you can get two-button mouses for Mac. Thank God, because the Apple-Click thing was no good at all.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I always wondered why they had only the 1 mouse button. Did they think the users would get confused?

"OMR!!!!11 2 BUTTOONS WHICH ONE DO I PRESSSS??SS??!!!"

Mac always seem to be behind.

One of the main reasons Windows is so popular is because of the gaming market. Mac have never seized the opportunity with games, instead they concentrate on businesses and your average user who would probably go for windows as it a better known product.

If they concentrated on games and all the games made for PC were created on Macs instead, the majority posters on every gaming forum would most likely have a mac, that's got to run into the very high millions.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

My main problem with Mac is that you can't really customize them very well in terms of hardware and you certainly can't build your own.

Okay my main problem is obviously the lack of games, but ONE of my biggest problems then. I kinda like how Macs function in general, and the animations actually serve to illustrate some few useful things. Plus the F11 function is awesome :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

EER wrote:Exactly, macs are good at looking very pretty, while PCs are good at everything else :D
On the contrary, I think a decent Shuttle case for a PC looks better than a Mac Mini, or any other Mac frankly. You can get awesome cases for the PC that kick the "PC" style Mac cases.' asses.

Personally I think that MacOS sucks to start with, I used it for a week at my brother's house and it was absolutely horrible - I couldn't play some videos I had brought, it kept crashing, and I really dislike the way it handles applications. On top of that there's of course cost (which CP attempted to dispute), and the fact that to have a good level of compatability you have to run Windows on it anyway! Meaning you just paid through the teeth for a non-upgradable (except for RAM) PC that runs an awkward operating system too.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Actually, I did build my own. Core2Duo, running OS X fine. I'm going to upgrade it to quad-core, new motherboard and GPU in the next couple months. I dislike Apple's hardware; it used to be inherently superior since Apple would pick the best no matter how incompatible (SCSI, Firewire, PPC), but now it's just less-flexible PC hardware.

Also, I bought a USB MS Optical Explorer with my G4 in 2000, so I had a 5-button mouse with wheel in MacOS 9.0.4. Apple's machines came with a 1-button mouse, but god forbid anyone should buy the mouse they want (anything USB is compatible, and there are multibutton ADB mice if you're trapped on decade old mac hardware).

OS X is UNIX, so it should generally be more stable than Windows, but that's a rule of thumb. Not sure how UT3 turned into a discussion on Macintosh.
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

TRESTKON wrote:OMR!!!!11 2 BUTTOONS WHICH ONE DO I PRESSSS??SS??!!!
Also:
EER wrote:Somehow, I don't think there are many people in these forums that don't like mods :P
I HATE THEM!!! MODS SUCK!!! :evil:
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Smike wrote:I HAVE BAD BREATH AND UNRULY CHEST HAIR!!1
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

Fox, you need to pay more attention to the details.
Trestkon wrote:I'm Canadian. :oops:
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Smike wrote:Small children flee at my grotesque appearance :(
Smike
Platypus

Post by Smike »

There should be an entire forum for this...
Trestkon wrote:MY PANTS! MY PANTS! They are so unfashionable. I wish I had pants that were AT LEAST as cool as Jonas's ultra-stylish Danish eyeglasses. =P~
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I can't deny that. Most of my pants are indeed unfashionable.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

My main problem with Mac is that you can't really customize them very well in terms of hardware and you certainly can't build your own.
*points to MacPro*
*points at the $5000 price tag*

My Imac is fine for what it is anyway. Photoshop won't need any more than what I presently have on my Imac anyway. Meanwhile I'm setting my PC up to be a file server to keep all those huge 1.2GB PSD files on. (Yes cause they get just that big! :D)

And also if you don't like the Mightymouse use your PC's mouse on the mac then.. It supports Logitec and Microsoft you know :P I have my MX1000 hooked up to it, it's a dream to use lol :D