Sorry for posting this here, but if you would...

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: Sorry for posting this here, but if you would...

Post by DaveW »

Neveos wrote:lol, your responses are indicative of what mental capacity and training you lack for being able to understand and draw proper inferences and conclusions.

15 or so percent of the world (probably less) would claim no religious affiliation. Meaning some small percentage of that are skeptical of what the vast majority of the world would say they believe.

I'm really not going to continue holding your hand and elaborating my thoughts. I mean, how do you not understand what point I'm making? I mean, does anyone want to take a shot at that?
But...

Surely...

Seriously, what? We lack the mental capacity and training to make shit up?

That's what your "point" boils down to. You use your theory of a global conspiracy as proof of a global conspiracy. How on earth do you think that makes any kind of sense?
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

i mean, you are like, way behind. I'm giving you the chance to be one of the people that knows what is going down right now even among the people in the mainstream.

You realize the LIBOR scandal is revealing a club of persons who have infinite wealth and printing power on a global scale right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI55EDP3 ... r_embedded
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Neveos wrote:You realize the LIBOR scandal is revealing a club of persons who have infinite wealth and printing power on a global scale right?
Banks do not have 'printing power', or infinite wealth.

But the fact that they're dishonest and rig things like LIBOR isn't surprising. No one's saying they're not assholes, but that doesn't mean there's a global conspiracy.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Neveos wrote:lol, your responses are indicative of what mental capacity and training you lack for being able to understand and draw proper inferences and conclusions.
Well thanks for proving my point. The rest of us are just dumb fucks who won't see the "truth". It can't be even remotely possible that's there no "truth" to see. Now we need the Earth is flat, the moon landings are fake, and aliens really are at Area 51 brigades to start lecturing us about their truths and my week will be complete.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

"lol, your responses are indicative of what mental capacity and training you lack for being able to understand and draw proper inferences and conclusions."
Alright neveos, since you're such a smart boy, how about you prove to us that you actually posses superior mental acumen, as you claim.

If you can solve this riddle and explain your answer, I will believe everything you say, because then you will have proven yourself to know and understand deductive logic.
It's simple enough. I did it myself in about an hour some 8 years ago.

Here's the riddle:

1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of different nationality
3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH?

HINTS

1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

But if you can't solve it, I can tell you that I can, and perhaps you should start to consider that you may have gotten things wrong since we're in disagreement ;-)
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

That sounds really fun, and I'm sorry/grateful that you presented that to me, but, however, I am not the sort of person who is capable of tricking my brain into storing and computing useless information like that. Which is kinda why I suck at certain subjects at school which require me to store and compute something I could care less about.

The point I'm half-making is that there must be some reason why you guys aren't understanding something as simple as "LIBOR is manipulated therefor the entire global currency system is AND HAS BEEN manipulated."

I mean, I could just hit it home and tell you that, all that money-stuff you generally care about? That signaturized paper that you value? That thing that causes you to wake up everyday and feeds you and shelters you every night? That's not you. It's not from you. It's not from the Earth. It's not from your ancestors. It is from the hands of a few other people, and it is all about to change.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Your superiority complex is staggering. Maybe you should stop getting all your information from YouTube, however.

@AEmer - why did you have to post that? I suck at those kinds of riddles. Is it supposed to be solvable without the hints?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

The global currency system has been manipulated. It's not a fucking conspiracy, it's so the European economies can keep from slipping through a blackhole and never recover. As my limited understanding goes that's actually good for the world in the present volatile and unsteady (global) economic times. http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news20 ... ?id=107975

I'm with Dave about logic puzzles. :lol:
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

bobby 55 wrote:The global currency system has been manipulated. It's not a fucking conspiracy, it's so the European economies can keep from slipping through a blackhole and never recover. As my limited understanding goes that's actually good for the world in the present volatile and unsteady (global) economic times. http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news20 ... ?id=107975

I'm with Dave about logic puzzles. :lol:
yeah, all somebody has to do is put that shit on the news, and BAM, you believe it.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

As opposed to you believing everything on Youtube. Believe whatever you like about me or conspiracies, I'm so over this tiresome bullshit.
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

Actually, the hints pretty much are the puzzle, and there is no easy way to do it; you have to slog through all the data to come up with the correct conclusion.

It's popularly called 'Einsteins Riddle', though it has nothing to do with Einstein, and it is technically solveable through use of pure deduction. One way to do that is to write new (true) statements below the 14 I presented untill you can no longer derive any more true statements.

The other, and far easier, way is to draw up a few tables and fill out information in them, allowing you to slowly use a process of elimination to determine all the attributes of the various persons.

Using pen and paper, it's usually possible to solve it in 10 minutes, whereas using deduction typically takes longer, and generally, it's not that many people who have a good enough grounding in logic that they can easily do it.

Spoilered below follows the solution:

In the spirit of the discussion about conspiracy, I poisoned the riddle. The normal riddle has a specific answer - but the normal riddle has 15 hints. I removed one of them.
The result is that the riddle has an ambiguous solution - you cannot actually tell who owns the fish, you can only narrow it down by cross referencing to two possible owners.
In other words, the correct answer is either 'you cannot actually tell' or "either the englishman or the german". The reason I poisoned the result is two-fold: A person who's really good with logic will be able to figure out that there is an ambiguity, and that my question was actually deceitful, which means he would actually discover a conspiracy...but he would also be able to narrow the ownership down to two persons. If Neveos had googled the riddle he would either realize that I had deleted one of the hints, because nowhere else has anybody been evil enough to do this, and if he said so I would know he had given up and tried to cheat...of if he merely snatched the answer from somewhere else and passed it off as correct, I would also know he had wanted to cheat.
If however, he told me, that's easy, there's no clear answer, it's one of these two, then I'd know he'd actually solved it on his own, and that he'd actually be able to catch my underhanded behaviour, illustrating that he'd be able to figure out a hidden conspiracy when most wouldn't, just from public evidence. Of course, he didn't even dare try his hand with it, so my test pretty much confirms he isn't my supperior on logic...

How do I know that it's solveable with one hint deleted? Because some dumbass posed the riddle to me some 8 years ago and had forgotten to include one of the hints, and after 3 hours of crunching the problem I figured it out, and I figured out he must have forgotten a hint, and then sure enough, I found out the proper version has 15 hints...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

bobby 55 wrote:As opposed to you believing everything on Youtube.
Bob wins BURN OF THE THREAD award. Congratulations Bob, you deserve it. Please keep your acceptance speech under 50 words.

Aemer: you're an asshole.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AEmer
Illuminati

Post by AEmer »

@Jonas

Yes. Yes I am.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Had one false start, but once I got it set up right, it took me about 10 minutes. The German keeps birds. He also drinks coffee, smokes Prince, and lives in the green house.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

Jonas wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:As opposed to you believing everything on Youtube.
Bob wins BURN OF THE THREAD award. Congratulations Bob, you deserve it. Please keep your acceptance speech under 50 words.

Aemer: you're an asshole.
I've been burning people so much in this thread, future generations will read it for humor purposes.

Speaking of youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-3LfW-xA4