Dishonored 2 Announced

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Made in China
MJ12

Dishonored 2 Announced

Post by Made in China »

First of all, I'm hyped beyond belief for this game, so excuse me if I'm gushing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsDyv-TtJg
Cinematic trailer that doesn't mean anything, except that it's due in Spring 2016.

Now, in Dishonored 2, you can apparently play as either male or female, and that was the original JC Denton's design - as either male or female. They're different characters occupying the same world, but still - it would be amazing to see a game where your character's gender makes a real difference.
It also takes place 15 years after the original Dishonored, and that leaves a lot of ground for creative storytelling. Seeing as Dishonored 2 takes place in a new continent, it might mean actually dealing with different plagues or foes in each one, and experiencing different cultures.

Considering the design choices made in Dishonored and both games' lead designer (Harvey Smith), make me incredibly hopeful that we'll get to see a Deus Ex-style game realized in all of its glory. I'm just hoping that Arkane Studios kept the design of the previous Dishonored - a responsive world with quasi-realistic politics, interesting characters and chatter and stealth/action duality.

It's also kind of interesting, because the Outsider only chooses characters who are interesting to him. Does that mean that if we choose to play as one character, the other will be blocked for the rest of the playthrough, and eventually stripped of its powers due to its passivity?

Needless to say, "hope" is the key word here. I'm just hoping it won't suck, and be even more brilliant than Dishonored.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Re: Dishonored 2 Announced

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I found Dishonored to be about as impressive as DX:HR, so not very. I've always got my fingers crossed for improvements though.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Dishonored 2 Announced

Post by Jonas »

Loved Dishonored, completed it twice and got all the DLC, so I'm pretty excited for Dishonored 2 as well. Making Emily a playable character is not something I expected, but it's a pretty fucking cool idea! I wonder if they'll pick one of the endings as canon or let you choose, but I guess if Emily is an assassin instead of being the empress, the high chaos ending makes more sense. Looking forward to playing it, anyway :D
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine