Where can I get this stainless steel screw

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jess55
NSF

Where can I get this stainless steel screw

Post by Jess55 »

I am replacing the diverter valve in the skimmer box for my inground pool.
I need a 3.5in, #10, round head, stainless steel screw that looks like the one in the pic, which came with the new valve unit. This screw holds the valve assembly to the bottom of the skimmer unit as well as holding the round flap seen in the pic.
The screws that came with the new unit are 3.25in long but as the threads in the plastic base of the skimmer beneath this end of the valve unit have broken at the top of the hole, it will not hold it down properly. I know the hole is deep enough and has threads lower down that will hold a longer screw and as the screw in question passes through the movable flap a 3.25 screw is not long enough to reach them.
I have searched online and cannot find the length I need so thought I would ask here if anyone knows a source that would have such a thing.

Click image for larger version Name: Stainless 3.25in screw.jpg Views: 0 Size: 67.3 KB ID: 1371930Click image for larger version Name: Diverter valve.jpg Views: 0 Size: 59.4 KB ID: 1371931
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: Where can I get this stainless steel screw

Post by Rob55 »

I use a set of them that I ordered on Amazon and see what size fits better.
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Post by CashiWaku »

These are the most popular screws for such repairs. Stainless steel screws are fasteners that use stainless steel. The construction of such elements consists of a head and a cylindrical rod. A mandatory nuance of any screw is the presence of thread. Products may have different sizes, but all varieties have common characteristics due to the properties of the basic material - stainless steel. Screws have maximum strength and durability. Now inexpensive to buy such screws you can in the store www.scrooz.com.au. Make sure that all screws are properly fastened.
Rubina99
Mole Person

Post by Rubina99 »

You can find high-quality stainless steel screws at Hasten Chemical. They offer a wide range of industrial products, including raw materials solutions like activated carbon and fly ash in Arkansas, as well as Fly Ash Miami. I highly recommend checking out Hasten Chemical for all your industrial needs..