A pharmacy offers customers both a patented and a generic version of a

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jess55
NSF

A pharmacy offers customers both a patented and a generic version of a

Post by Jess55 »

A pharmacy offers customers both a patented and a generic version of a certain drug. The pharmacy makes a profit of 20 percent of the cost on every box of the patented version, and it makes a profit of 5 percent of the cost on every box of the generic version. During a certain time period, which version of the drug yields a greater dollar profit to the pharmacy?

(1) The pharmacy pays more to the wholesaler per box for the patented version than for the generic version.

(2) The pharmacy sells 30 percent more of the generic version of the drug by weight than the patented version.
CashiWaku
UNATCO

Re: A pharmacy offers customers both a patented and a generic version of a

Post by CashiWaku »

Hello. My girl lost her sense of taste and smell due to the covid issue.
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: A pharmacy offers customers both a patented and a generic version of a

Post by Rob55 »

Ideally, there should be no significant differences in efficacy and safety - after all, generic manufacturers use the same active ingredient. In practice, generics may have different effects on the body, but in fact, only the original drugs are one hundred percent likely to have the stated effect. This is due to the fact that drugs, in whatever form they are created, do not consist of only one active ingredient. Knowing about medications is a pretty useful skill. Whichever pharmacy I buy medicine from, this aptekastore.com or others, I don't fall for the ads, but buy exactly what works.