How do I operate multiple doors on the same layout?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

RomeAlive
Thug

How do I operate multiple doors on the same layout?

Post by RomeAlive »

Hi all,

I want to have multiple doors, to multiple rooms on my top-down layout (think internal doors to a house).

I'd like the player to walk up close to the door, then click 'E' to open, and 'E' again to close.

and setting it to less or equal 50

Then adding 'System > Keyboard 'E' is down' command.

My troubles start with using families and getting a function to control each UID individually.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance
Tyrtyfipol
Thug

Re: How do I operate multiple doors on the same layout?

Post by Tyrtyfipol »

Use a string variable on the door object that is the name of the room to go to. When you pick the door and press E you can go to door.variable.
benbekira
Mole Person

Post by benbekira »

To operate multiple doors individually, you could try using a family for each door with a unique UID. That way, you can call the UID of the specific door the player is interacting with and trigger the 'E' press to open/close the door.
Another option is to use variables to keep track of which door the player is interacting with and whether it's open or closed. Then you can use conditions to check which door the player is near and trigger the appropriate action. As for interior doors, have you checked out https://doordesignlab.com/interior-doors/? They have a great selection of interior doors that might inspire your layout design.
kenny.steel
Thug

Post by kenny.steel »

Greetings! I recently decided to update the doors in my home and started thinking about what materials would be the most reliable and durable. After some research, I turned my attention to steel doors and became interested in their benefits. However, before making a final decision, I'd like to know more about what features of steel doors make them an attractive choice for home or business renovations. What advantages and features of steel doors should be considered when choosing them for installation in a home or office? What is your experience with steel doors and what advice can you give to those considering installing steel doors in their premises?
mitchham94
Thug

Post by mitchham94 »

I have heard that steel doors are the best, longest lasting and safest option for entry doors to any home. That's why I chose steel doors from the catalog https://www.elegantentrydoors.ca/entry-steel-doors/ . The doors are fully compliant with their characteristics and have served me well for about 2 years. Maybe you are interested in this information and you can choose from their catalog something for your home.