Madrid Hotel Recommendations

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

JaydJeen
Mole Person

Madrid Hotel Recommendations

Post by JaydJeen »

Would anyone kindly recommend a good place to spend 2 nights at the end of May (for 2 people) in Madrid after our Camino before flying home.

I'm looking for something nice, within walking distance of views and tastes of the city, preferably an airport shuttle (though that's not a deal breaker), and not crazy expensive.

There are a lot of options on Hotels.com (etc...) but I don't know the city at all and really don't know where to start.

Thank you!!

Grace and peace,
Tim
DamienVee
Thug

Re: Madrid Hotel Recommendations

Post by DamienVee »

Anywhere within easy walking distance of Atocha puts you next to the Aerobús which goes direct to the airport every 15minutes for €5 (maybe 6) cash only nothing larger that a €10. That puts pretty much all of central Madrid in play.
AmeloViolet
Mole Person

Re: Madrid Hotel Recommendations

Post by AmeloViolet »

For a great location that's walking distance to all the city's sights, I recommend the Petit Palace Plaza Mayor. If you're looking for something a little fancier, check out the Hotel Único Madrid. It's got that "wow" factor, and it's in a great location near the Retiro Park.
And if you're feeling adventurous, skip the hotel altogether and go for an Airbnb experience. There are some amazing local apartments for rent that will give you a real taste of Madrid life.
Before you head out to Madrid, make sure to check out Guided tours Costa Blanca for some top-notch excursion ideas. Trust me, you won't regret it.