Becoming a doctor

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

RomeAlive
Thug

Becoming a doctor

Post by RomeAlive »

Since 2 years, I have the drive to become a doctor. my motivation is coming from the fact that I see myself enjoying the work of a doctor, more than of any

other profession I can currently think of. Also the fact that I will feel important because I realised 'big things' in the eye of society. In this journey, I realised that having a certain goal in order to complete that emptiness of not feeling important is not an authentic motivation. Is the first one a good motivation? I don't know. I dont think it's my life purpose tho. But I'm 18, and need to make a choice. Going to college or go work. Sitting at home waiting till I magically find my life purpose isn't an option for me.

What else could be my life purpose? I like to have fun. to be social. to pick up girls. I have an interest in subcommunication, and how it relates to how you are being preceived. Public-speaking sounds really fun.

or playing music instruments. I like to create.

I would want to buy the course. But don't have any money, and currently not in a position to be able to get a job.

anyone got a good perspective on my situation?
KeliaDracu
NSF

Re: Becoming a doctor

Post by KeliaDracu »

I wanna add that becoming a doctor can be a fulfilling and rewarding career, but it's important to consider if it aligns with your true passions and values. Ask yourself what aspects of being a doctor truly resonate with you, beyond societal expectations or a desire for importance. Reflect on your interests in public speaking, subcommunication, music, and creativity.
While money may be a constraint right now, don't let it discourage you. Explore opportunities to gain experience or knowledge in the areas you're interested in, even if it's through free online resources, local community groups, or volunteering. Keep an open mind and be proactive in seeking out possibilities. If you're interested in exploring healthcare further, you can check out https://phlebotomynearyou.com/statistics/ for some interesting statistics related to the field of phlebotomy.
DenialSmith11
Mole Person

Re: Becoming a doctor

Post by DenialSmith11 »

First of all, this should serve as good motivation for you. Motivation is a very important factor in human development in any field. Surely, each of us at certain moments was faced with the problem of lack of desire to act and continue to move towards our goals. You can find more information on this topic here https://psyculator.com/blog/motivation- ... r-success/