Formal and informal learning

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

follosdin
Mole Person

Formal and informal learning

Post by follosdin »

Hi all! How to choose a formal and informal approach to learning? What can you say about it?
Fankol
Mole Person

Re: Formal and informal learning

Post by Fankol »

Educational systems exist to promote formal learning that follows the curriculum and is purposeful in the sense that learning is the goal of all activities in which students participate.
milkesilo
Mole Person

Post by milkesilo »

Learning outcomes are measured through tests and other forms of assessment. Adult migrants participate in formal education when they take a course of study in the language of the host community.
Keren
Mole Person

Post by Keren »

The field of education is very broad, and of course there are many ways to classify it. The option that unites all levels and formats is the educational triad. This is the division into formal vs informal learning. Formal education is programs at different levels from general to higher education, which are provided by public educational institutions. Non-formal education is a very broad category that includes all courses, trainings and programs that are alternative or complementary to the formal education system.
Gaskoin
Thug

Post by Gaskoin »

"I will try to help the students because I am often asked where I can get help in writing various kinds of work, from essays to dissertations. I will try to give advice based on my experience. This ghostwriting services helped me a lot, because I have never seen such quality assistance for students. This is a rare phenomenon, but I notice it. I hope they will help you too.
"
NaimaVaughan
Thug

Post by NaimaVaughan »

Consider your learning style, time constraints, and what you hope to achieve. Mix and match as needed – there's no one-size-fits-all approach.
AlexusSawyer
Mole Person

Post by AlexusSawyer »

Personally, I've found a mix works best. Formal education provides structure and depth, while informal learning, like exploring hobbies or online resources like oxfordacademy.net, offers flexibility and practical skills. It's like balancing textbooks with real-world experiences—both are valuable in their own way.
ulnaoperating
Mole Person

Post by ulnaoperating »

The whole point of having a structured educational system is to ensure that students engage in curriculum-based, purposeful learning, where the end objective is to improve their academic performance.