Matching Skirting Boards

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

DamonMoral
UNATCO

Matching Skirting Boards

Post by DamonMoral »

Hi all, this is my first post and was hoping someone can help. I have to replace some existing skirting boards due to some work being done on parts of a couple of rooms. The current skirting boards are the Torus variety but the problem I am having is there seems to be a number of variations and sizes of the same thing. I have been to a number of stores, including Wicks, B&Q and I've also gone online and paid for a sample from Planet Skirting, all of which are different to my own. I've attached a drawing of what I have and so my question is, does anyone know where I can source this exact profile? Many thanks, Paul.
EmmaGold
NSF

Re: Matching Skirting Boards

Post by EmmaGold »

Thanks for the info, guys. It's still helps a lot.
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: Matching Skirting Boards

Post by Rob55 »

Consider the material of the skirting boards. MDF is a popular choice because it's durable and can be easily painted to match your interior. But if you prefer a more traditional look, solid wood skirting boards might be the way to go. Btw, have you checked out mdfskirtingworld.co.uk? They have a great selection of skirting boards with different profiles to choose from. It's worth taking a look to see if they have what you're looking for.