What is the difference between an engineer and an architect?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

What is the difference between an engineer and an architect?

Post by CashiWaku »

Engineering and architecture are very popular jobs in the market. There is not only a demand for engineers and architects in the market but also offers the best pay scale. In the US, the average starting salary of engineers and architects is around $100,000. By the way, what is the difference between an engineer and an architect?
EmmaGold
NSF

Re: What is the difference between an engineer and an architect?

Post by EmmaGold »

Great question! From my experience, engineers focus on the technical side, ensuring structures are sound and functional. Architects bring an artistic touch, designing spaces for aesthetics and usability. Also, there are designers and constructors (like starkbuilders.com.au). I hope that helps!
ShadowVoyager
Thug

Post by ShadowVoyager »

Well, in general terms, the answer is easy. Architects draw it up, and engineers make it happen. One of my friends is an engineer, and he makes around 120k a year.
Jeronimo
Mole Person

Post by Jeronimo »

There are many different kinds of engineering, like aeronautical, aerospace, agricultural, and IT engineering, and they don't all pay the same. How much you earn can depend a lot on the job market.

A friend of mine works as an aerospace engineer at Honeywell and earns about $150k a year, but that's because he has a lot of experience. Typically, salaries for these kinds of jobs start at about $85-90k a year. If you want a clearer idea, you can look up these salary stats for aeronautical engineers in the US.