What sport did you play ...

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

CashiWaku
UNATCO

What sport did you play ...

Post by CashiWaku »

in high school and were you any good?

Mine was HS basketball. Never understood the fascination with FB; we played pick-up basketball games literally all year around. At 52 I just had two knee replacement surgeries testifying to how much we played. I was an average player but excelled in one area; defense! While my buddies were worried about how many they scored I always wanted the other team's best player to see how few he could score and how much I could aggravate him. I have to say I was pretty tenacious and frustrated many a player.

I entertained the idea of playing in college but after a few pick-up games with the team I quickly understood how fast the game was and that I had no business there.

How about others?
Rob55
UNATCO

Re: What sport did you play ...

Post by Rob55 »

Thanks for sharing your high school basketball journey! Your dedication to defense and tenacity on the court are admirable. It's fascinating how sports like basketball can leave a lasting impact, even shaping our approach to challenges later in life.
It's always intriguing to hear about others' sporting experiences. If you're interested in exploring new avenues for staying active, you might find this article on adaptive pickleball insightful: https://anypickleball.com/adaptive-pickleball-how-the-sport-is-embracing-players-with-disabilities. Keep the sports spirit alive and continue sharing your love for the game!