What are you playing?

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Jane_Denton
X-51

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Jane_Denton »

Ajare wrote:I'm currently playing Divine Divinity, which is a fun little RPG, similar to Diablo but with more plot.
I've never heard of it... the gameplay looks good though. I'll be adding it to my list of games to try... :smile:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:The spiders,,, perish easily to fireballs :) Also the spiders can't really kill you, they only do 1-2 damage with their fangs, and poison can't reduce you below 10 hp :P
Both completely irrelevant. My problem with the spiders is in no way the difficulty of fighting them.
Ajare wrote:They should never have put any stealth into Dark Messiah. Combat is the whole point of the game, and it's mostly brilliantly implemented, so why distract from this by putting a half-arsed stealth system in?
Man, because the stealth kill animation is the most satisfying thing EVER.

*Sneak sneak sneak*
*SCHNICKT!*
"ARTERY!"
*Splortch*
*Squirt squirt squirt*
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jane_Denton wrote:SPIDERS!!!!! *SHIVER*
That would be my reaction. Jonas' would be going to find the nearest fallout shelter. Spider free of course. XD
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Woo! Really glad I finally played Portal the writing/voice acting were brilliant! I thought the puzzles were pretty excellent, although the bits near the end where you go off the “path” started to stretch out a *tiny* bit too long, for my taste. And the credits music more than makes up for the lack of cake \o/ Anyone know if that song is buyable?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Trestkon wrote:although the bits near the end where you go off the “path” started to stretch out a *tiny* bit too long, for my taste.
Uhm dude... the entire game is 5 hours long, tops. There are like 5 or 6 puzzles at the end. Maybe you should just stick to game demos from now on ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

The song is available anywhere on the internets. I can post a mp3 if you'd like. Also, I know the song by heart :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I think it's because your instinct is to view the actual testing chambers as 'the game', and the escape stuff as 'the crazy last level', when really it's 'the first half' and 'the second half'.

Coz I remember being quite surprised (very pleasantly so, admittedly) that there was that much 'extra stuff' (as I perceived it to be at the time).

Meanwhile in DMoMM, fuck me: there are a lot of spiders. Did you ever actually complete this, Jonas? Via proxy friend for the spidery bits?

Seriously, it's like "well done! Now go rescue the spider crystal from the spider temple of the spider god and his army of giant spiders that spawn small spiders when they die. Oh, but before you can go there, you need to fight these spiders."

Also, I seem to be picking my skills at the worst possible moments.

YAY Stealth level 3! I can hide in shadows!
*is sent to kill orcs on small walkways in BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT*

YAY Burglary! I can pick pockets and break into houses!
*is sent to a forgotten dungeon full of markedly pocketless zombies and nothing else*

:(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DDL wrote:Did you ever actually complete this, Jonas? Via proxy friend for the spidery bits?
No. And I really loved the game too. I called over a friend to take me through the first spidery bit, thinking that was it, merrily took control back for the orcs and the undead, and then... more spiders. Then I talked to Ricemanu about it and he informed me there was a spider the size of a house as a boss fight later, and I just gave up.
YAY Burglary! I can pick pockets and break into houses!
*is sent to a forgotten dungeon full of markedly pocketless zombies and nothing else*
My only comfort with regards to Dark Messiah is that the part leading up to the Spidery Spider Island of Giant Spiders With a Side of More Spiders is so brilliant, like an action spinoff of the Thief series, that it handily stood up to being replayed 5 times in a row.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:
Trestkon wrote:although the bits near the end where you go off the “path” started to stretch out a *tiny* bit too long, for my taste.
Uhm dude... the entire game is 5 hours long, tops. There are like 5 or 6 puzzles at the end. Maybe you should just stick to game demos from now on ;)
I have no problem with the actual length of the game, I just thought those puzzles weren't as fun as the test chambers, I suppose. I was going to say that they got repetative, but really, they're no more repetative than the test chambers. Perhaps I just don't like pointless, gigantic pistons :p

"... It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

hehe
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Hmm let's see...

Assassin's Creed (gearing up for the sequel)
Perfect Dark and Goldeneye (mmmm revisiting N64 classics!)
All the classic Lucas Arts adventure games
TNM

And I'm still waiting for The Conduit which I payed for ages ago but got delayed here. Grrr.
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Trestkon wrote: "... It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

hehe
I see you like portal.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Everyone likes portal.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Far Cry1
Freelancer(Discovery Mod 4.85)
With the laughs i'm having playing TNM i might dust off Anachronox again as there is plenty of humour there as well
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

TNM Worldcorp path. Last time I went to play TNM it was extremely jumpy and jittery so I quit, but that was a week ago and the problem magically fixed itself so hooray!
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Just reinstalled Hitman 2. Forgot how psychic the guards can be at times, to the point where I'm pleasantly surprised when an NPC encounter doesn't result in everybody shooting me. :/ Besides that, the level design is overall significantly less open to improv and exploration if you want a Silent Assassin rating compared to Blood Money.
I wish IO'd remake the older games with the improved logic and AI of Hitman 4. I think that'd be one of the most justified remakes ever. Not just improving graphics and dropping in "modernized" gameplay conventions. Honest to God real improvements that would make a world of difference in quality.