Screenshot Desktop v2.0

UFOs, lost socks, discuss whatever you like here.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Xesum
Illuminati

Re: Screenshot Desktop v2.0

Post by Xesum »

Kee715 wrote:Is there even a point to multiple desktops? Or multiple monitors for that matter? One desktop works well for me, I do not see how more than one would be beneficial.
It means you can play a game on one, and do work on the other.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Kee715 wrote:
Xesum wrote:Kee, which Men Without hats song are you listening to?
The Safety Dance.
Yay!

We can dance if we want to.
We can leave our friends behind.

I love that song.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Kee715 wrote:Is there even a point to multiple desktops? Or multiple monitors for that matter? One desktop works well for me, I do not see how more than one would be beneficial.
It does have minimal use for general desktop stuff, but for graphics work it is absolutely essential. I have 2 monitors, I just neglected to show my second (the desktop is blank save for CPU usage and sticky notes gadgets) - having all your photoshop tools on the second monitor freeing up work space on your main monitor is brilliant. As is doing widescreen video production work or being able to produce 2 things side by side (a 3d application in one, and a texture application on the other, for instance).

Also while playing games I can see who's online on my MSN list.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I used two for a while, there are next to no benefits really.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DaveW wrote:Also while playing games I can see who's online on my MSN list.
Truth.

It depends how you feel about maximised windows. Personally I am all about maximising my windows, and so it's nice to be able to maximise the program you're working in at the moment (Photoshop, UnrealEd, Xed, Word, Powerpoint, Firefox, WinSCP, etc. etc.) while having Tweetdeck and Messenger (and sometimes Skype and/or netradio) open on the other monitor for communication.
Jaedar wrote:I used two for a while, there are next to no benefits really.
I believe this is because you are a newb.

How can you not see the endless benefits of MORE SCREEN REAL ESTATE? It's not like you don't have another monitor lying around somewhere, or are you some sort of strange person who only upgrades when the old stuff is broken?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote: How can you not see the endless benefits of MORE SCREEN REAL ESTATE?
Because I don't need it, or be precise, I needed the desk space more than screen space(my secondary screen was an old, bulky variant) Also; I found it very annoying to have to move my head :P
Plus, most games are incompatible with dualscreening as well, meaning that 90% of the time, the second screen was dead weight.
odio ergo sum
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

No, you play games on your nice 24 incher and then you can still see what your idiotic friends are sending you on your 19 incher next to it.

Everyone has gotten an MSN message while playing a game.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Xesum wrote:No, you play games on your nice 24 incher and then you can still see what your idiotic friends are sending you on your 19 incher next to it.
Everyone has gotten an MSN message while playing a game.
Yeah, that never worked for me, the MSN windows would keep popping up beneath my game, and not on the other screen like I wanted :)
odio ergo sum
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Jaedar wrote:
Jonas wrote: How can you not see the endless benefits of MORE SCREEN REAL ESTATE?
Because I don't need it, or be precise, I needed the desk space more than screen space(my secondary screen was an old, bulky variant) Also; I found it very annoying to have to move my head :P
Plus, most games are incompatible with dualscreening as well, meaning that 90% of the time, the second screen was dead weight.
I don't know any games that use both screens, I wouldn't want to either unless I had a specific monitor for that task (ones that are connected, I mean). The seperation would be too odd.

They are fairly dead weight while playing games, I just turn it off most of the time. But again, having MSN and other chat applications open on it is handy. For instance if someone starts talking to me I know to alt-tab from the game (if it's my girlfriend) or ignore them (if it's Jonas).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jaedar wrote:Yeah, that never worked for me, the MSN windows would keep popping up beneath my game, and not on the other screen like I wanted :)
MSN windows pop up where they were when you closed them last time. Put all your MSN windows onto the other monitor, close them, then open a new one - voila. Works for their size and other settings too (like whether to show the avatars in the side).
DaveW wrote:For instance if someone starts talking to me I know to alt-tab from the game (if it's my girlfriend) or ignore them (if it's Jonas).
I get that a lot <_<
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ppu-prof_er
NSF

Наружное утепление фасада цена

Post by ppu-prof_er »

Наша команда квалифицированных мастеров находится в готовности предлагать вам современные подходы, которые не только обеспечивают устойчивую защиту от холода, но и подарят вашему собственности стильный вид.
Мы занимаемся с современными материалами, подтверждая долгий запас эксплуатации и отличные эффекты. Теплоизоляция фасада – это не только экономия на отапливании, но и забота о экологии. Энергосберегающие подходы, какие мы осуществляем, способствуют не только своему, но и сохранению природных богатств.
Самое важное: Утепление стен снаружи цена у нас стартует всего от 1250 рублей за м2! Это доступное решение, которое метаморфозирует ваш домашний уголок в реальный уютный местечко с скромными затратами.
Наши проекты – это не просто утепление, это постройка пространства, в где любой член отражает ваш уникальный моду. Мы примем во внимание все твои запросы, чтобы сделать ваш дом еще более приятным и привлекательным.
Подробнее на http://ppu-prof.ru
Не откладывайте дела о своем помещении на потом! Обращайтесь к профессионалам, и мы сделаем ваш жилище не только теплым, но и моднее. Заинтересовались? Подробнее о наших трудах вы можете узнать на интернет-портале. Добро пожаловать в сферу комфорта и качества.
Заказывайте утепления стен домов у команды профессионалов с 15 летним опытом!
Seo-Ul-Bib
NSF

Почему профессиональная раскрутка сайта является необходимым инструментом для успеха вашего бизнеса?

Post by Seo-Ul-Bib »

Мы специалисты специалистов по поисковой оптимизации, занимающихся увеличением посещаемости и рейтинга вашего сайта в поисковых системах.
Мы добились впечатляющих результатов и стремимся передать вам наши знания и опыт.
Какие услуги мы предоставляем:
сео заказать
• Тщательный анализ вашего сайта и разработка персональной стратегии продвижения.
• Повышение эффективности контента и технических аспектов вашего сайта.
• Регулярный анализ результатов и мониторинг вашего онлайн-присутствия для его улучшения.
Подробнее https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/
Клиенты, с которыми мы работаем, уже видят результаты: увеличение посещаемости, улучшение рейтинга в поисковых системах и, конечно, рост бизнеса. У нас вы можете получить бесплатную консультацию, для обсуждения ваших требований и разработки стратегии продвижения, соответствующей вашим целям и бюджету.
Не упустите возможность улучшить свой бизнес в онлайн-мире. Свяжитесь с нами сегодня же.
Для продвижения сайта заходи на сайт https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/ | продвижение сайта по трафику стоимость