Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: HDTP beta

Post by FastGamerr »

Yeah, same situation for me. I can't see any subtitles in the cutscenes and if there are a lot of conversation choices, I can't see the bottom ones either. 1920x1080 and tried Kentie's launcher with all kinds of options to no avail.
Saek
Mole Person

Post by Saek »

bobby 55 wrote:
Saek wrote:Ok i feel like an idiot now #-o, i dont know why i miss that part in the readme about have to enable the models

Now they are working well, for all the help bobby and DDL much appreciate

On a side note any of you know about a mod that could fix the subtitles during the cutscenes since i'm playing in 1600x900 they dont show up
Kenties has the UI fix that NVSHacker made incorporated in the launcher . I don't know if it helps with cut scenes but there are options in the "Configure" on the launcher for various screen sizes and resolutions. Mine for example are 1920X1080 for the resolution and what they call "Field of View" (aspect ratio) is 16:9 and everything subtitle wise is fine. I think 1600X900 also uses 16:9. What size is your monitor?
Yea we have the same options only that your monitor have more res, mine is if i'm not mistaken 20 inches this one to be exact http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/sa ... 13727.html

same here fast gamer FastGamerr for example the subtitles during the intro cutscene i cant see them in 1600x900 but in 1440x900 i can wierd stuff although i think i can see al the conversation choices
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Perhaps the the scaling UI fix works optimally with our monitor's native resolution? That's a guess, but my monitor has a 1920X1080 native resolution and it works fine.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I have the Samsung SyncMaster P2070 with 1600x900 and I noticed the same no text on cutscenes and I sometimes noticed using DX10 render and Kenties laucher there is odd flickering in text on first person conversations at times, either the text flickers or white lines go through it. 1440x900 works for me but looks slightly more stretched vertically or something like that than 1600x900 which looks fine. I did change the FOV in the user.ini from:
DesiredFOV=75.000000
DefaultFOV=75.000000
to
DesiredFOV=91.000000
DefaultFOV=91.000000
Which made 1600x900 resolution work fine but still cuts the conversations on cutscenes.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I use the OpenGL renderer. Anyhow, at the bottom of my screen there's a black bar about 6.5 centimetres across that fits all the subtitles/dialogue choices in. I have a 23 inch monitor.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Also, was the "military bots not making the ground shake/any sounds" issue fixable yet? Or was it animation-related (thus requiring a bit more time)?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Huh. Didn't even spot that one. Shit. My bad.

....yeah, turns out it's yet another error in the import code, so the playfootstep() meshnotify calls never happen.

Bollocks. Ok. Will try to get that fixed, coz the groundshakiness is super important to the threat of milbots.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Very much appreciated. Cheers!
Drowning witch
Mole Person

Post by Drowning witch »

Don't know if its an Opera browser issue, or something on my end, but when i try to download the files from google links, they always reacha random point and restart downloading from scratch.

It never happend to me before or since on any site, so i'm a bit baffled.
Drowning witch
Mole Person

Post by Drowning witch »

Don't know if its an Opera browser issue, or something on my end, but when i try to download the files from google links, they always reacha random point and restart downloading from scratch.

bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Drowning witch wrote:Don't know if its an Opera browser issue, or something on my end, but when i try to download the files from google links, they always reacha random point and restart downloading from scratch.

With IE 9 they wouldn't start to download. I switched to Chrome and not only did it download...the download speed seemed to be better too.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Morpheus wrote:I have the Samsung SyncMaster P2070 with 1600x900 and I noticed the same no text on cutscenes and I sometimes noticed using DX10 render and Kenties laucher there is odd flickering in text on first person conversations at times, either the text flickers or white lines go through it. 1440x900 works for me but looks slightly more stretched vertically or something like that than 1600x900 which looks fine. I did change the FOV in the user.ini from:
DesiredFOV=75.000000
DefaultFOV=75.000000
to
DesiredFOV=91.000000
DefaultFOV=91.000000
Which made 1600x900 resolution work fine but still cuts the conversations on cutscenes.
Cinematic conversations (e.g. the intro cutscene, but NOT in-game conversations) never work with aspect ratios of 16:9 or less, because the game specifically fits the view frame to a 16:9 window and leaves the top and bottom for the letterboxed area... which means no area left behind at all if you're already in a 16:9 resolution. I've fixed this for the next version of my mod, but yeah, I don't think any currently-available modding efforts fix it themselves.

FOV is currently a problem with most mods out there, because even if you mess with your defaults via the INI files or kentie's launcher, weapon scopes (and some other, more minor things) will still be at the wrong FOV angle.

I never did notice a problem with in-game conversation text getting cut off, though, and am curious under what circumstances this happens.

So... it was NVSHacker who made the OTPfix class/DLL? I noticed some bugs in it I had to kludge my way around in my mod, semi-successfully, and was curious how the thing worked.
ghostdog
Thug

Post by ghostdog »

Thank you for your hard work and this awesome mod. I just installed it and will be testing it.

Many thanks for adding the option to turn on/off the character models. Aside from the masked troops, I can only get used to Gunther and Nicolette. It would be nice if there was an option to use the old heads with the new meshes :P .
DDL

Post by DDL »

I was just thinking "hey...ghostdog...that name sounds familiar", and then I saw your sig. Thanks for the PS:T UI mod!

:D
A Future Pilot
Mole Person

Post by A Future Pilot »

Hello all, I'm new here :)

I bought Deus Ex from GOG awhile back and am just getting around to playing it. I have a netbook with a 1.6Ghz processor and 1GB RAM. Here's what I want to do...will this work with those specs?:

Deus Ex: Human Renovation mod
New Vision mod
HDTP
ENB DX9 renderer (or maybe cwdohnal DX9 renderer? Which is better?)

I'm also considering using Deus Ex: Enhanced v1.3 for DX9 as well.

Also I've heard I'll need a Kentie's launcher. I read somewhere that it caused a bug in one of the missions. Is that true?

Will all of these play well together? What's the current state of HDTP? Still waiting on animations?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry it's a lot of questions :)