I'm using both NV and HDTP, how do I change the POV?

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Hashi
Silhouette

I'm using both NV and HDTP, how do I change the POV?

Post by Hashi »

How do I change the POV? Everything looks zoomed in. And how do I also fix the fact that all the UI elements are really small?

Thanks!
CrocMagnum
NSF

Re: I'm using both NV and HDTP, how do I change the POV?

Post by CrocMagnum »

Hi, Hashi! The answer to all your problems is called the Kentie Launcher. This is your best bet to play Deus Ex on modern systems.
This is common knowledge for people around these parts so apology if my post feels somewhat redundant:

Kentie Launcher (Official Site)

For years I didn’t use the Kentie Laucher. Heck! I just didn’t need it. I had such an old computer, ¾ CRT Screen with old OS to boot. So I didn’t need a third party program to run DX.

Now when you switch to an LCD screen and/or a modern OS, then you will need the Kentie Launcher (unless you prefer to fiddle with .ini files and waste time ^^). When this tool is installed every time Deus Ex, or a fan-made mission, is started the Kentie Launcher window will pop up. It allows to change a lot of values. Among other things:

- Custom Resolution,
- Renderers: OpenGL, DirectX,
- Field of view: for 16/9e Screen I advise a FOV around 94. And this answers your question about the POV ^^,
- Use Custom GUI Scaling: (to fix the small size of the UI), if you're playing on 1920x1080 try size "x2",
- Latency (sound): on modern systems gamers often experience a sound issue: an irritating crackling, static effect. Increasing the Latency usually fixes the issue (changing the value from 40 and to 60 should work. If not set a higher value),
The bonus when using the Kentie Launcher is that every Save - original Deus Ex or fan-made missions - are registered separately in a different folder. Great way to keep your progress when switching from game to game.

The basic mistake beginners make when using the Kentie Launcher for the first time:

They erroneously unzip the Kentie Launcher in the root "Deus Ex folder", this is wrong. The good way is to unzip Kentie Launcher in DeusEx/System.

EDIT: GMDX, Deus Ex Nihilum and Revision already have the Kentie Launcher is their installers.

Note 1: To use the Kentie Launcher you'll also need Visual Studio 2015 runtimes (available on kentie’s site too).

Note 2: I wish I answered you question earlier, Hashi. Sincerely sorry, mate. :mrgreen:
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Oh cool, that was easy! For some reason I completely forgot about this launcher, even though I've used it before. I remember before when playing with NV and HDTP, there was something about not launching the game before launching the custom launcher or it wouldn't work. I just assumed a custom launcher wouldn't work as I'd already played the game.

Now I don't have to squint at the screen to read things lol.
snank
Mole Person

Post by snank »

You don't really need a launcher to change the FOV, just type "fov 90" in the gamechat (you need to remove the "say" command beforehand)
Alyssalauren
NSF

Post by Alyssalauren »

Adjusting the Point of View (POV) in NV and HDTP demands precision. Access the in-game settings or configuration cable tv provider near me files for both mods, fine-tuning FOV and camera parameters. Strike a balance between enhanced visuals and gameplay comfort to tailor the POV to your preference, maximizing your immersive gaming experience.