Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
StarWrecker
Mole Person

Questions about some weapons.

Post by StarWrecker »

Well, I've been looking at the ingame weapons, thinking of your visible weapon mods, and I've been wondering about the following.

Stealth Pistol: Where would the laser go, and, more importantly, the scope, without blocking the shell release, there's little room on this weapon.

AR: With the grenade launcher underneat, I wonder how a laser could fit

Plasma Gun: I'm not eben sure how you gold this, let alone looking through a scope on the monster.

Crossbow: I doubt that a scope could be fitted without causing problems.

Can you guys tell me how you'll tackle these obstacles, or will the weapons themselves be revised in a whole new look? (Or is it all a secret?)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Most of the mods for the basic pistol can happily fit the stealth pistol: the shell ejection port is on top and slightly to one side, so it can just fire off through the gap in the scope attachment brackets.

The assault rifle could take the laser on the side or the top: the sniper rifle has the laser on top of the frame, and it looks peachy.

Plasma gun..well, the thing slows you all the way down ANYWAY, so you're hardly going to be much more inconvenienced trying to gawp through a scope. So somewhere fairly standard would probably be expected: maybe on an extended mount so you don't have to get your face up close to all that searingly hot plasma.

(also: people actually APPLY scopes to the plasma rifle? Come to that, people actually USE the plasma rifle? O_o)

Finally, crossbow: if you watch the animation, it's a semi-automatic crossbow that brings up bolts from an internal magazine (so no troubles with loading bolts if you cover the top of the weapon), and there are a good few places on the frame that are effectively 'above' the plane of the actual bowstring, so a centrally mounted scope really wouldn't present any major problems. Crossbows get scopes all the time:

So I very much doubt we'll have any problems to speak of. We have some very, very clever people.
Voyo
Mole Person

Post by Voyo »

Yep, there was also a crossbow with a scope in Hitman 2, althought that was a heck of a crossbow and the scope was in the middle of it :)