Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

CP, Smike's posts were not off topic, every one of them were either carrying on the discussion or adding something to the thread. As for his post in the this thread, he was praising HDTP on a job well done, no where did he mention "that model sucks" "release it now!!!!" or anything of that nature. Sure reprimand the people who do that but don't start having a go at the people who ADD something to the forum.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:That last comment is very offensive to me (as he mentioned something that is a real problem for me atm). Remove it.

And also I do not mod for you. If it were up to me I would ban your IP so you couldn't download our files. How dare you insult me. Its crap like that which is just making me not want to work for this community anymore. You ungrateful jerk.
A real problem you bring up and mention in an off topic manner. You seem to have a very strange idea of what acceptable behavior is and what it means to be a jerk, CP. It seems you think you can talk to anybody however with no repercussions but nobody is allowed to say or act any way you disagree with. You attacked someone with no good reason, then get offended when someone calls you on your behavior? The kicker was you wanted him to be a good example for other posters! I guess you're a firm believer in "Do what I say, not what I do", eh.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

This is why I am going to opt for the Silent developer tactic like Jonas mentioned. Obviously I'm not welcome in this communities discussion and management. Further more I will no longer be posting in OTPs forums. I will be managing New Vision's New News Bulletin system (similar to the one HDTP has) I find myself bored with the politics in the community. I'd rather handle things like a developer instead of a modder. If you have issues then bring them up in an ordered processed manner. Provide the evidence. If I hear even 1 negative rant I will delete it immediately. If you have an issue with something point it out in an Objective manner and the team will get back to you.

I've been fed up with the communities attitude for a long time now, this is just the result of me being sick of it.

Hence forth I would like to say the following things that I need to say as to leave on a high note:

Good luck to HDTP with the final release. I will be sure to help you all out should you need it. Contact me through the known means ;) as I'll set up the Australian mirrors (I have an FTP now too so I can help there) If you need any graphics, ect let me know ;)

As for the TNM team, Good luck with your release too. I look forward to seeing what the team has produced after so long in development. It looks like a very large enhancement on the original idea for Deus Ex and I think you'll get a lot of media attention. Thanks.

I want to also thank all the members of the Deus Ex Reborn team for their support of New Vision and HDTP. They have always been prepared to give a lot of positive encouragement and their ideas are always welcome.

That said I am taking my leave of all this now. I've reached almost 1500 posts. I've come a long way in that time and I've written so much that I'm officially going to stop doing it. I lost my faith in politics a long time ago, and now I'm prepared to just not care anymore. Hence forth I am strictly PR.

So goodbye and good luck OTP.
Last edited by Mr_Cyberpunk on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

*shakes head in confusion*

So...in summary, something about the 'politics' of this place is deeply offensive (I wasn't aware we even HAD politics, let alone offensive ones), and you want the internet forum board of off topic productions to behave like a board-meeting focus group of a small, tightly-knit games developer rapidly approaching crunch time, and anything short of this is worthy of deletion?

How did you manage to even get THIS far without leaving in disgust? :D

This is the INTERNET! The internet is full of assholes! And idiots! And people who just like to poke fun at 'terminally highly-strung individuals' because it's amusing! This is unlikely to change!

Grow a nice thick insulating flame-proof skin, and treat everyone as you, yourself would like to be treated. Use lots of smileys if necessary, to help indicate when you are and are not joking.

As far as I can tell, this crushing need for a focussed, no-negativity-allowed dev-meeting-styled forum has only come about recently: you seemed entirely fine before that.

Then suddenly BAM: "thou shalt do as Mr. CP says or he will complain"

So what changed? Or have you always felt this way, and only recently got annoyed enough to vocalise it?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Eugh, do I really have to read all of this? I didn't reply earlier, better to stay out of it, but I'm not reading all the new posts. It's not JC, New Vision, HDTP, anything like that.

CP, stay, I enjoy reading what you write. "I'm never coming back" is a melodramatic and childish thing; we laughed at Flyboy/TOTCT/etc for it, and he got over it and stuck around even though most everyone was after him. At least you still want to be a developer, since I know everyone will enjoy the work being done at New Vision.

CP has said he's having a tough time in some kind of real life world, and we can't tell what kind of mood that puts someone in before they visit the forum or what they're thinking about, so CP might need some time.

I haven't seen much direct negative criticism on these boards. This is Deus Ex, so when people have an issue, they're unusually passionate about it, but I've very rarely seen it made offensive. It's easy to misinterpret anyone's words here in a negative or critical way (eg. "Do I have to read all this?", that's an easy one), but most of what I've seen intends to be constructive.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

...but most of what I've seen intends to be constructive.
My comments might not always be really constructive but the pranks, especially the Lords & Ladies-one weren't meant to insult you but to loosen up the heated situation, allright? We may have different opinions on many things also about posting habbits and humor but nonetheless I respect you. Just wanted to make that one clear. If you really don't come back, which I don't hope, I want to wish you all the best for the future and I'm looking forward to your Neuromancer-project.
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

i like how JC isn't stupidly chunky like the original.
whoops, did i fall back on topic? :D
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Unfortunately Snipa has just informed me that I have moderation duties on this forum. I will be staying around but I won't actively post outside of New Vision. I want to focus on getting the job done. Disregard my previous comment. I was planning on dis communicating myself to get the job done so I didn't mean it in a childish manner.

And also this not only has to do with Deus Ex. I've had some people being total jerks to me so I'm under a lot of stress right now trying to fix things (like the new websites for both Neuromancer and Newvision)
NaSeR
Thug

Post by NaSeR »

Disclaimer xDD: I haven't read the whole thread, but I got attracted by the post in black and this is what I think of him leaving the boards:

My recomendation is not to get stressed by something somebody said on the internet. Don't take it seriously, just make fun of him it and ignore him :P. I've got used to it and I think everyone who has been surfing the internet for more than 3 years should be like me.
If anyone posts something full of incomprehensible hatred to you, consider him a statistical variable, the truth is not much different from this: he's not a human being since they are supposed to be rational, not only to have the shape of one.
Just forget about people criticism, that happens ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE, so consider that another fact of the internet. Not considering it like this means that you have to grow up a bit and realize what is the world you are living in like.
The internet is full of stupid people, and since here there is something called anonimity people post things without thinking, forgetting their common sense and good manners and posting the first thing that pops up in their heads.
In conclusion, I visit everyday a LOT of forums and I've seen a lot of people doing what you are doing now, for me this is pretty normal situation, but since this case is an special one (it is you) I will recommend you not to leave the boards and adopt the attitude a true forumer should have. Be practical and realistic my friend, being a romantic you will only end up depressed :D
Hope you understand now how does the net works and continue posting like if nothing had happened.
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

is the team re-modeling JC's first-person hands?
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

ewanlaing wrote:is the team re-modeling JC's first-person hands?
:lol: Most hilarious mistake ever. They remodel the weapons, they remodel the model, they forget all about JC's hands. ;) Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Jetsetlemming wrote:
ewanlaing wrote:is the team re-modeling JC's first-person hands?
:lol: Most hilarious mistake ever. They remodel the weapons, they remodel the model, they forget all about JC's hands. ;) Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Because I didn't get that to be a joke the first time I read it: Yes, they do remodel JC's firs-person hands :P
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

sorry, haven't been sleeping to well recently. i was like "geez, what if they forget? i better ask!"
well....er..........i look forward to them.